Sennheiser 439s or 449s?
Jul 28, 2012 at 9:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

EssJayDM

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody, first post on this board so I do apologise if I'm posting in the wrong area. And apologies if some or most of what I write makes little sense, me brain need sleep more.
I'm looking to get some headphones and I'm looking at the Senn 439 and 449's currently, both are within my price range (ideally I'd like to spend under $120AUD and the 439's are just in that range at $119) and I've heard good things about the brand, the only problem is that it seems impossible to find a review that doesn't compare them with a set 3 times the price and ends up saying the more expensive ones are better.
I've heard that they're bass heavy which I guess is a bit of the appeal, but I like some clarity to the bass so it doesn't just sound like someone is farting in my ear. I prefer bass-heavy metal (here's an idea of what I mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcfbItvEHqg) over hip hop and electro, two genres I'll rarely listen to. I doubt that info will be of any help though lol.
If you had to pick between the two, which would you recommend the highest? And if you can think of anything better in my price range feel free to suggest as well.

EDIT: the Kicker HP541 is also within my price range and I'm reading a few good things about it. But I should probably add that I will mostly be listening at home and on the train (the don't really get noisey around here, unless the teenagers decide to start fights lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back