Sennheiser 2-pin to mini XLR male connectors - do they exist?
Jul 19, 2023 at 12:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

dbull12

100+ Head-Fier
I have a Forza AudioWorks cable coming for my ZMFs, and it would be amazing if I could also use the cable with my Sennheiser HD 6XXs. Does anyone know of any company that makes - or would custom make - compact adapters that I could plug into each cup of the 6XXs that would terminate in mini XLR male connectors?

Jul 24, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #2 of 20
EDIT: Sorry, I swore I've seen Mini-XLR->MMCX adapters before, but I cannot find them. But the idea was Mini-XLR->MMCX, then MMCX->Sennheiser might work.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #3 of 20
Message me if you are still interested in these adaptors. I can build them for you.

Jul 27, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #4 of 20
Does anybody know if you can buy an adapter from 4 pin mini xlr male to 3.5 mm female. For example I have Focal Clear 3.5 mm 4 pin Xlr headphone cable. I would like to use this cable on Meze Empyrean. This means I will need an 4 pin mini xlr to 3.5 mm female adapter .

Jul 27, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #5 of 20
Here is an example of adaptors that I have built. These were built for Fostex TH series.
Fostex Adaptors.jpg

Jul 27, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #6 of 20
Here is an example of adaptors that I have built. These were built for Fostex TH series.
Fostex Adaptors.jpg
These look great! What connectors do you have for mini XLR, and what would the price be for something like this? I figured I'd post here rather than sending a private message in case others see this and are interested, but feel free to PM me if that would be better.

Jul 27, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #7 of 20
These look great! What connectors do you have for mini XLR, and what would the price be for something like this? I figured I'd post here rather than sending a private message in case others see this and are interested, but feel free to PM me if that would be better.
I primarily use an unbranded all metal connector (black or nickel plated) for Mini XLR.
I stock REAN as well, but feel that the unbranded has numerous improvements over the REAN.

I stock many options for HD600 style connectors as well.
The low profile variant (HD600 without the barrel) will allow the adaptor to have a shorter cable section. $60 for a pair including shipping within the US.

Built using Mogami 26AWG or 24AWG (your choice) Oxygen Free Copper cable

Attachments

• 4P Mini XLR to HD600 Adaptors.jpg
    4P Mini XLR to HD600 Adaptors.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 30, 2023 at 2:28 AM Post #8 of 20
Does anybody know if you can buy an adapter from 4 pin mini xlr male to 3.5 mm female. For example I have Focal Clear 3.5 mm 4 pin Xlr headphone cable. I would like to use this cable on Meze Empyrean. This means I will need an 4 pin mini xlr to 3.5 mm female adapter .
I can build pretty much any cable or adaptor. Many items in my line up started as a request for a custom item.

Here is a mock up of the adaptors you would need. Female 3.5mm connectors are by REAN/Neutrik.
Default cable is Mogami Oxygen Free Copper
Numerous Mini XLR options.
These adaptors would be $60 for a pair. Shipping within the US is included.

Attachments

• Pair of Female 3.5mm to Male 4 Pin Mini XLR.jpg
    Pair of Female 3.5mm to Male 4 Pin Mini XLR.jpg
    632.2 KB · Views: 0
Aug 1, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #9 of 20
IMG_6788.jpeg

These came in today from @Patrick415 @ Fog City Audio, and they're exactly what I was looking for and are working great! Would highly recommend

Aug 5, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #10 of 20
Last edited:
Aug 5, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #11 of 20
Aug 7, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #13 of 20
It doesn't seem like anyone currently offers a "cable mount" female Sennheiser HD600 Series connector.
One vendor that has custom fabricated connectors for me in the past, is looking into the cost.

Aug 8, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #14 of 20
It doesn't seem like anyone currently offers a "cable mount" female Sennheiser HD600 Series connector.
One vendor that has custom fabricated connectors for me in the past, is looking into the cost.
Thanks! I would really be happy if you could find such an adapter. Otherwise, I will have to look for an old defective Sennheiser and hopefully I will be able to take out the female connector from the old HP.

Aug 21, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #15 of 20
Does it look like that I will have to adjust the Cardas cable on my own?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back