Senn HD570 question...
Jun 23, 2004 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

johnny sack

100+ Head-Fier
I looked at the first probably 8 pages of this forum and checked the full reviews, but found nothing on these headphones.

A guy is selling them $60 shipped. Is this a good deal for these?

Right now I have sony V6. Which are better?

I don't even know if the HD570's are closed, but they looked closed. Are they?

I have to decide in the next few hours if I am buying these.

Help!

Jun 23, 2004 at 3:00 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny sack
I looked at the first probably 8 pages of this forum and checked the full reviews, but found nothing on these headphones.

A guy is selling them $60 shipped. Is this a good deal for these?

Right now I have sony V6. Which are better?

I don't even know if the HD570's are closed, but they looked closed. Are they?

I have to decide in the next few hours if I am buying these.

Help!

Not that good of a deal. In fact, the HD570's have been disliked here in these forums by most of us (including myself, having heard them in person), even though they have their fans. And we didn't bother to fully review those HD570's because none of us liked the sound from those 'phones enough to comment on them. But hey, if you can audition those 'phones and like them, more power to you!

And nope; the HD570's are not closed - they're open-back.

By the way, the HD570's have recently been discontinued. No wonder why they're going for the price that you see. And even at that price, there are still better-sounding headphones to be had. The successor model to the HD570's are the new (and much superior) HD555's.

Jun 23, 2004 at 3:41 PM Post #3 of 10
HD570 makes a good throw away disposable headphone. They are hard to power up and they sound sort tinny with bloated bass. I think the V6 is better because its easier to power, although I think the HD570 is better for classical music.

Some members wouldn't accept an HD570, even if they were paid money.

Jun 23, 2004 at 4:32 PM Post #4 of 10
Hi Johnny,
I've looked up in your profile - "Classic Rocker all the way. Along with that, I like rap." ... and in your signature - "Tool - Parabola"... I would keep away from these headphones, for rock especially... I've had them for one week a few years ago (before Headwize/Head-Fi era
wink.gif
) - not wanting to fork up the money for a more expensive pair of Headphones. I disliked so much their thin sound that after one week I went to the shop, gave them back and paid more than twice the price for my HD580... My luck was the seller was a nice guy (when I left the shop with the 570, he laughed and told me he knew I'll be back and change them...) Even at 60$ or less you have much better alternatives with Grado, the Koss PortaPros/KSC35, Senns PS100/200.

Jun 23, 2004 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 10
Alright, I figured that something had to have been up with these headphones when nobody was talking about them. Thanks for saving me $60 guys.

Jun 24, 2004 at 12:38 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny sack
Alright, I figured that something had to have been up with these headphones when nobody was talking about them. Thanks for saving me $60 guys.

That something that had to have been up with these headphones is the saying that someone's mother said to them (and hence, no real reviews):
"If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all."
wink.gif

Jun 24, 2004 at 1:24 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver
"If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all."
wink.gif

I tried the same tactic with my friend and tried to change the discussion how great HD580's are. He ended up buying the HD570. I learned my lesson.
biggrin.gif

Jun 24, 2004 at 3:21 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by pedxing
I tried the same tactic with my friend and tried to change the discussion how great HD580's are. He ended up buying the HD570. I learned my lesson.
biggrin.gif

Funny, the same thing happened last Xmas when I suggested a friend try out some Grados (for comfortability) before buying them. He ended up ordering HD570s online. Makes me feel bad...

Jun 24, 2004 at 3:24 AM Post #9 of 10
Dull, dead sounding cans, for that much, you'd be way better off getting a new pair of SR-60's for the music you like, or jump up to the SR-80's for $20 or so.

Jun 24, 2004 at 5:09 AM Post #10 of 10
i ahve the 570s, i was originally going to get them for $60 from someone, but after he failed to ship them for 2 weeks and they had a short (fixed for brand new ones with warrenty) in them i got him to drop the price to $35 including shipping, which i think is a great price.

i dont think they would be good for rock becasue of little bass, but they sound really good coming straight out of my Audigy, listening to some lossless dave matthews.

i havent listened to any others so i cant compare, but $60 seems high, im glad i didnt have to pay that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back