Senn HD555 + Xonar U1 .. good enough ??
Aug 21, 2010 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kush391

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone.. 
Am a college student and a mere beginner in the audiophile club. I had the usual Realtek soundcards with Creative ep-830 earphones and recently bought Creative Gigaworks T40 speakers. 

My listening pref wud be: Music- acoutic, classical, slow rock, i wud really love if instruments/vocals come out really clean. Btw, I hate hard rock, metal etc. Abt movies, I want a 3-d feel to it. Should feel like as if I am actually there. And for gaming, I dnt care much. Not really into it.
So, I care a hell lot abt music, its vocals, the SEPARATION between the instruments, and the SOUNDSTAGE.. and the 5.1 feel for the movies
Would Senn555 be good enough to cater to my taste.. or should i wait for my budget to grow.. ??

and btw, the best music i have heard till now is from my Sony 5.1 home theatre, got it for $350 arnd. How much better/worse wud the Senn555 sound ?? :) :)

And finally, iy wud be gr8 if sum1 has sum advice to give on combining hd555 with Xonar U1  (in terms of value for money).

ps: grado, shure, denon etc arent available here.. and arent practical to get it shipped. So, Sennheissers/Bose/Creative/Sony are my only choice. 

Thanks for taking out ur time !

Aug 21, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 4
Alessandros are "Grado" headphones, and they ship anywhere in the world. But, the Senn HD555 is a pretty good choice to. I don't know much about the Xonar U1.

Aug 21, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #3 of 4
grado / audio technica-700 etc wud cost arnd $200cuz of shipping.
Senn is available fr $100. Thats why i was considering senn altho i knw, AT-700 hs got bettr reviews.

and it wud really b helpful if sum1 tells sumthing abt hd555's soundstage and directionality.
thnks.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back