Senn HD-650's for Jazz
Sep 15, 2011 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

FlatNine

500+ Head-Fier
I knew not to log back on to ^%$# site! I knew it would cost me money! I ordered the TTVJ Slim amp this morning. It should arrive tomorrow. (I spoke to Todd and paid extra for overnight shipping.) Now I'm planning or getting some new phones to go with my new amp. (source is currently a 64gb iPod Touch 3rd Gen)  I got my Grado 325is's about 4 or 5 months ago. Very nice, but I want warm and lush. From all that I've read, the HD650's would do just that. Hell, I'm in for about 400 bucks today alone, so I figure why not add the Senns and just go for it! I'll probably sell the Grado's once I get whatever. So - anyone have the HD650's with that Slim amp? How do you like it?

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #2 of 5
Heya,

The HD650's will definitely do the warm and dark you're looking for.

And while I know some will think I'm joking, and sneer at it, I will also just say... humor me here... get the HD650 and spend a little more and get this headphone too and see what you think of the warm and lush sound from them. If you disagree and think you've wasted the money, I will happily buy them from you.

Very best,

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Can the TTJV Slim do the 650s justice?  I always thought they needed a beefier desktop rig...

When I spoke to Todd today, and asked his recommendation for a warm phone to match the amp, he highly recommended the Senns. I also came across this:

http://www.headfonia.com/ttvj-slim-first-impression/

But I still would like to hear some experiences from others here.

Sep 16, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #5 of 5
I think the 325's and the 650's compliment eachother very well and it's a good pair of phones to have (unless you have to sell).  Personally, I think the 650's sound kind of boring after listening to the grados for a while but that's just my preference and I still like them both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back