Selecting Decent Starter Cans Help
Mar 29, 2014 at 2:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Druccon

New Head-Fier
Hello,

A little bit of background. I'm still in college and on a budget with plans on upgrading later. I would consider myself a bass-head, but listen to all kinds of music that aren't country. I do tend to listen to a decent amount of electronic type music though, house, dub, edm, etc...

I do a lot of traveling on bus with my team, and spend a lot of time studying in the library and other noisy places. I need a pair of headphones to help block out distractions while studying, and that will allow me to turn up my music a good amount without disrupting others in places such as the library. So probably some sort of over ear, w/ noise canceling.

Whichever set of cans that get, I want decent sounding mids and highs, but it definitely needs to have good bass.

My price range is preferably around $150 unless going over just a little can get me something with significant better quality.

Prior to coming here to post I was just about to purchase a pair of V-moda m100, had them in the cart but just could not justify that amount of money on the budget I have right now.

Any good suggestions for my more justifiable price range would be much appreciated.

-Druccon

Mar 30, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #2 of 3
Start with the Buying Guide and look for cans with a red "B".  Also look for a rating of "1" (a "2" may or may not work with some devices) if you plan to drive them unamped from low power portable devices and/or a laptop computer with on-board sound.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back