Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Jul 4, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #901 of 1,652

This is the model i reviewed, priced at $70-80.

*It seems some comments didnt check my review first and are confusing the Seiun plsyer with the Seiun Pro /X player.

Jul 4, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #902 of 1,652
I just finished a brief review of the basic Seiun Model entry model.

I found it to be quite pleasing with a decent set of IEMs.

http://headpie.blogspot.jp/2016/07/cyberdrive-seiun-player-review-and.html?m=1

Out of curiosity, did you max out a 64 gb or higher memory card?  When I put over 5k songs, the player instantly crashes on me. 

No, i just have a very small card, maybe 8gb.

I can try one of my larger micro SD cards for you.

Often there is an ideal way to arrange the music on these devices, like Shozy Alien Gold.

Perhaps make several music folders by genre- and have less than 100 songs per folder? Just an untested theory.

Jul 11, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #904 of 1,652
Jul 11, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #905 of 1,652
Seems to be no news for beta devices. 

Jul 11, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #907 of 1,652
Proper communication in all its glory.
At the rate they're going, I can already see the official release being pushed out of this year.
IF they ever release something "final".

Definitely consigned this project to the "happy surprise" category in my head rather than the "coming soon" category now. Will be pleasantly surprised as and when something does finally appear, but won't be holding off making other purchases in the meanwhile.

Glad I backed the Echobox DAP at the same time - that has been delayed a little but should be delivering this month. Funnily enough, as they are pretty good at communicating the delays, no one seems concerned either.

Jul 12, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #908 of 1,652

Proper communication in all its glory.
At the rate they're going, I can already see the official release being pushed out of this year.
IF they ever release something "final".

With this rate of progress if there is any. I do think delivery will be pushed to next year.
Lets hope for christmas though. 

Jul 14, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #910 of 1,652
There is suppose to be an uppdate at the end of the week regarding schedule.

Hoping it will be to confirm the beta test units have been shipped. Expecting it will be to confirm their latest design revision, beta units will be another few weeks and they hope to catch up their shipping schedule shortly. It's like a really predictable soap opera in there at the moment - here's hoping the scriptwriters throw in an unexpected twist this week! :wink:

Jul 16, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #914 of 1,652
Yes, thats right. I have more photos on my Canon camera that shows it next to my ipod touch 6G for scale.

Was that the Seiun PHA sat next to it as well? Very unexpected! Looking fiat to any comments you have on the sound quality and UI - we've all been waiting since March for someone to actually hear one! :wink:

Jul 16, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #915 of 1,652
Did you manage to try the PHA also?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back