Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014
Apr 17, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #138 of 245
I was checking this thread every day, nothing new, nothing new.... wait a couple of dayws to check and there is 48 new posts?.... lol

I know...... A week or so before the meet and the thread blows up.... 

Apr 17, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #141 of 245
So who has new gear to bring to the meet? I have a few things Im working on... What does everybody else have going on?

Can make it this time, will bring HD800, Edition8, Phonitor, Headroom Home Amp, Beyerdynamic Headzone with DT880HT, Sony SCDXA5400es SACD and few DSD cd. Can bring AKG HEARO 999. I am deciding between new Oppo and HiFiMan headphones and this meet will help.

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #142 of 245
Markj, it has been a while. It will be nice you see you again an hear your phonitor again

Apr 18, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #144 of 245
I am most definitely coming~ I however would love to meet up with someone in Seattle and head over there together (whether that would be in the same car or separate). I'm not very familiar with Seattle roads...

Apr 18, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #145 of 245
  Can make it this time, will bring HD800, Edition8, Phonitor, Headroom Home Amp, Beyerdynamic Headzone with DT880HT, Sony SCDXA5400es SACD and few DSD cd. Can bring AKG HEARO 999. I am deciding between new Oppo and HiFiMan headphones and this meet will help.

Holy smoke Markj, I have not seen you for a long time, well I have been MIA too. You have that Phonitor for ever 
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #147 of 245
  Very interested to hear the S.E.X. and Bottleheadphone! I especially want to try the S.E.X. on the HE-500! I'm sure this will be a great first meet to attend.

The S.E.X. is a criminally underrated amp. I was down at the SF Head-Fi meet a couple years ago and it was by far my favorite for both the HE-6 and AKG K1000s. The power it produces is incredible and it just exudes synergy. You will see more benefit on the HE-6, but the HE-500 is very similar so I would expect excellent results. 

if you stick into headphones like those or the HE-500 or something very picky about power reqs, this is for you.

From their site:"Most any dynamic headphones with a standard TRS plug will work with the S.E.X. amp – Sennheiser, Grado, BeyerDynamic, Sony, AKG, etc. The S.E.X. is particularly adept at driving picky headphones like AKG K1000s, Audeze LCD-2s and the Hi-Fiman headphones."

I would imagine it would work great with any Fostex moded T50Rps, such as Mad Dogs, Alpha Dogs, Paradox, etc. Apparently if you buy two right now, it's pretty cheap (... wink, wink)

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #150 of 245
I am most definitely coming~ I however would love to meet up with someone in Seattle and head over there together (whether that would be in the same car or separate). I'm not very familiar with Seattle roads...
just text me we can get you on the right path to the meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back