Seattle Meet at Bottlehead MARCH 5,2011
Feb 19, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #166 of 238
I want speed, clarity, and imaging, but dont want it at the expense of musicality. I think it can be done, but there is a fine line to be walked. I updated from my last system which was very analog and musical with the goal to try to keep most of that signature while infusing more detail, imaging, and speed into it. While the last part of it was obtained easily, I am still working on the first half, the analog and musicality. I definitely want to hear the liquid fire. I have heard good thing about it especially after canjam.

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #167 of 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And ironically Hawaii to Seattle has been my life route so far.  I still have a hard time deciding which I call "home", and I've now been in Seattle longer than I was in Hawaii...which kinda scares me.

Ah, I know what you mean. It's a bit of a trade off. I think Seattle has nicer summers than Hawaii though. :wink:

Quote:
Alright guys, what are you bringin' to the meet?

I'll be bringing my macbook pro, grace m902, and symphones magnum headphone for all to listen. 

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #169 of 238

Quote:
Im dying to hear your magnum. I got the MS2i and have thought about it a lot.

I think you'll like it. I've been very pleased with their sound so far (mines is V2) and have been wanting to try them on different amps. Balanced maybe...one day. I've always wanted to hear what the MS2 sounded like also. Anyone's got a HP1000 by any chance?  
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, if anyone needs a ride let me or Gil know. I'm in Kirkland area. 

Feb 20, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #170 of 238
I think you'll like it. I've been very pleased with their sound so far (mines is V2) and have been wanting to try them on different amps. Balanced maybe...one day. I've always wanted to hear what the MS2 sounded like also. Anyone's got a HP1000 by any chance?  
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, if anyone needs a ride let me or Gil know. I'm in Kirkland area. 

It'd be pretty awesome if I could get a ride. I'll pay for the gas share, ferry and stuff.

Feb 20, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #172 of 238
Hello all,  this sounds like a great meet, I am going to try my best to make it to this one also.  I redid my entire system a few times since last summer, but i will bring my Isabellina LFP-V edition and sextetts headphones.  I hope to make it.

Have a great evening all

tink97

Feb 21, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #173 of 238

@ Kingstyles - Heh...if I'm getting what you're saying, I find sometimes that I want to try for some different sound...be it more musical or better clarity or whatever...and end up getting it, but at the expense of something else.  Then I end up trying to find some compromise that gets me the best of both worlds, or as close to best as I can get.  Sometimes it works really well though.  And yeah, the Liquid Fire prototype should be lots of fun.  Should have some decent time with it at this meet, so I'm really thinking seriously about picking one up when they become available.

@ SemiAudiophile - Heh...you know, I was never a huge fan of the weather.  I think it's all relative...when I was in Hawaii, I appreciated the cooler overcast days so it wasn't so damn hot.  Now that I live in Seattle, I appreciate the nice sunny warm days since they're rarer.  Mostly what I miss is family...and the food.  There's stuff that you really just can't get anywhere else...and if you can, it's not nearly the same.

Quote:
Hello all,  this sounds like a great meet, I am going to try my best to make it to this one also.  I redid my entire system a few times since last summer, but i will bring my Isabellina LFP-V edition and sextetts headphones.  I hope to make it.

Have a great evening all

tink97

Cool!  The more the merrier!

And you know, I just realized how close we are to the meet now.  Where the heck did February go?

Feb 21, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #174 of 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@ SemiAudiophile - Heh...you know, I was never a huge fan of the weather.  I think it's all relative...when I was in Hawaii, I appreciated the cooler overcast days so it wasn't so damn hot.  Now that I live in Seattle, I appreciate the nice sunny warm days since they're rarer.  Mostly what I miss is family...and the food.  There's stuff that you really just can't get anywhere else...and if you can, it's not nearly the same.

lol, that's exactly how I feel. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 21, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #175 of 238
The last few days had really nice weather. Sadly, today, not so much.

Feb 21, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #176 of 238
i'm 50/50 on going to this meet, i'm not sure i can get away early enough on May 5th to make it over the water in time.

if i can go i'll bring my HD-800/Woo 6SE and O2 Mk1/SRM-717. i'm new at headphones and look forward to hearing others (particularly the orthodynamics) and meeting some of you folks.

Feb 21, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #177 of 238
Looks like I'll be driving up to attend this meet. I've been meaning to visit DocB and check out his new digs but being the flake that I am, I've never made it.
So, I'll be bringing my Tape Project/Electrostatic rig;

Technics RS1500 tape deck
Bottlehead Tube Repro tape amp
Home brewed electrostatic amp
HE Audio Jades

Almost forgot,.. I'll bring my Audio Technica AD2000's to try out on Doc's new headphone amp (Smack).

Looking forward to meet you all and see what's happening in the Great Northwest.

Feb 22, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #178 of 238

Quote:
Looks like I'll be driving up to attend this meet. I've been meaning to visit DocB and check out his new digs but being the flake that I am, I've never made it.
So, I'll be bringing my Tape Project/Electrostatic rig;

Wow, ironbut and his famous Tape Project/Electrostatic rig. Very cool. I really like to hear stats. I havent had the opportunity to hear them. Just as well start by hearing them on such a good rig. Long drive though. Good thing you can stock up on plenty of coffee for the trip back.

Quote:
i'm 50/50 on going to this meet, i'm not sure i can get away early enough on May 5th to make it over the water in time.

if i can go i'll bring my HD-800/Woo 6SE and O2 Mk1/SRM-717. i'm new at headphones and look forward to hearing others (particularly the orthodynamics) and meeting some of you folks.

I hope you can make it. Really want to hear those O2 and wouldnt mind having a shot at the hd800 again.

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #179 of 238
@ ironbut - Wow...that's a bit of a drive!  Cool that you're planning on making it up!  Looking forward to meeting you!

@ Mossback - Hope you can make it.  I'd also be real interested in hearing the O2.  I listened to an O2 (ironically at Bottlehead during a micro meet), but I think the amp was faulty.

Feb 22, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #180 of 238

Quote:
@ ironbut - Wow...that's a bit of a drive!  Cool that you're planning on making it up!  Looking forward to meeting you!

@ Mossback - Hope you can make it.  I'd also be real interested in hearing the O2.  I listened to an O2 (ironically at Bottlehead during a micro meet), but I think the amp was faulty.

Actually, that was the original Stax Omega.  The channel imbalance was so bad that we really couldn't get a real idea of what it sounds like.  I did get an extended session with the K1000, which was nice.  Seems these were the standout at the Bay Area meet.

So it there any chance of this meet's hours getting extended? Like starting at noon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back