Seattle Meet Anyone?
Nov 15, 2004 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

patricklang

100+ Head-Fier
Well, its been 3 months since the last Seattle meet, I've bought another pair of phones (K501's), and now I'm itching for some more listening. Last time I was still in love with the Grado sound and spent the whole time comparing all the phones to the 225's. Now I can't stand the bright Grado treble, and love the midrange of AKG's
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm thinking mid-December or mid-January, what do you guys think?

As for location, I'm open for suggestions. I could get the clubhouse again, but I think we'd be better off somewhere that we can start before 6pm. I think something like noon - 10 pm would be best. Does anyone have a contact with any hi-fi stores that might be willing to host? I am checking into conference rooms at a business on the eastside as well.

Nov 15, 2004 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 50
On another note, I'd like to get more technical this time
wink.gif

My spare parts box will be available for trades, and my collection of opamps will be there for anyone wanting to give them a roll (currently opa2227,opa2228,ad8620,ad8610b,ad8066)

Nov 15, 2004 at 11:05 PM Post #4 of 50
I'm down like a clown charlie bro...charlie brah....charlie browwwww...charlie brown.
600smile.gif

Mid-Jan sounds good to me.

Nov 15, 2004 at 11:14 PM Post #5 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrevorNetwork
I'd definitely be up for one. Mid-Jan would be best for me. I should have some very interesting toys by then.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yup you allways have interesting toys like that tube amp. are you also bringing it?

Nov 15, 2004 at 11:43 PM Post #7 of 50
This might be a good opportunity for some of us Portland people to go to a meet. The Oregon one kinda fizzled away. Any Portland people want to catch the train up to Seattle for this? I'd do the 4hr drive if need be, but the train is easy & cheap and a great place for some pre-funk
wink.gif

Nov 17, 2004 at 6:25 PM Post #9 of 50
Let's get some more interest people! This could be a great meet, and its also an excellent opportunity to meet some other head-fi members. I'll also be bringing some amps and such that no one has ever heard before.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2004 at 3:39 AM Post #10 of 50
sounds like fun.

if i'm around i'll bring my mpx3 with mullard ecc32 and dual rca grey glass vt231 tubes. i can also bring my hd600 phones with the silver dragon cable.

i should have my silent audio apollo interconnects by then as well.

Nov 18, 2004 at 4:37 AM Post #11 of 50
cool cool ... sounds like its gonna be fun meet ... patrick held a nice venue ...very cool stuff.

Nov 18, 2004 at 6:43 AM Post #12 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by patricklang
I am checking into conference rooms at a business on the eastside as well.

The farther North the better
biggrin.gif
Swwwweeeeeet...

Nov 18, 2004 at 6:46 AM Post #13 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by tone
sounds like fun.

if i'm around i'll bring my mpx3 with mullard ecc32 and dual rca grey glass vt231 tubes. i can also bring my hd600 phones with the silver dragon cable.

i should have my silent audio apollo interconnects by then as well.

AH HA!
So someone in WA did have an mpx3.

I knew someone was holding out.
I was asking around here to see if anyone in WA had one I could come over and listen to a song or 2 on before i bought mine
tongue.gif

Anyway, ill bring my setup to the meet which currently consists of:

Singlepower mpx3 (maxed out on upgrades) with kenrad nos and sylvania nos tubes.
HD650's with the zu cable
Headphile black coral interconnects
Monster power HTS3600 power conditioner
PSaudio statement PC

By the time of the meet I should also have a decent redbook/sacd player.

Nov 18, 2004 at 6:53 AM Post #14 of 50
btw: I could probably get us a place for the meet if needed.

www.lanpartynw.com

I help host that lan (its in a friends garage). We converted his 3car garage to a Lan center. We would have plenty of space, tables, chairs, power (theres 6 or 7 20amp circuits in there), and parking. Theres also a pop machine that I can get stocked up before the meet to despence free pop for everyone.
Its in marysvile.

Let me know if that would be a decent for one so I can start bribing my firend and his wife to let us use it for a day
tongue.gif

I know someone on headfi has been there before
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back