searching for a classical piece...
Mar 14, 2007 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lini

Thought the last line in Citizen Kane was nosebud.
Maybe some of the classic fans can help me out: I've got this fragment of music in my mind, but can't name it - it's probably a part of a baroque concerto and somehow rings my Vivaldi bell, but I'm not sure. It sounds rather unique, with the strings going like "diddl-diddl-diddl-diddl-did-dad-did-dad-did-dad" (repeatedly, with descending pitch and quite fast). Anyone?

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Mar 14, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #2 of 9
Hmm... that's a hard one for me. Without anything more descriptive, I'm not sure anybody is going to be able to identify it. Perhaps you could record yourself humming some of it?
icon10.gif

Mar 14, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #3 of 9
That sounds, just from what I could vocalize myself, like the first bars of the overture to Mozart's Le nozze di Figaro.

You might want to see about that, and the whole opera (if it is the piece of which you think). It's splendid.

Mar 14, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe some of the classic fans can help me out: I've got this fragment of music in my mind, but can't name it - it's probably a part of a baroque concerto and somehow rings my Vivaldi bell, but I'm not sure. It sounds rather unique, with the strings going like "diddl-diddl-diddl-diddl-did-dad-did-dad-did-dad" (repeatedly, with descending pitch and quite fast). Anyone?

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

In major or minor key?

Mar 14, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by PSmith08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That sounds, just from what I could vocalize myself, like the first bars of the overture to Mozart's Le nozze di Figaro. (...)

I've checked the first minute of the Overture on Amazon - but that wasn't it...

shoenberg03: Good question. I'd think it's minor key, but I'm not sure...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Maybe I can make more clear: The diddl and did in that phrase are the same tone, the dad is a bit lower. And the whole phrase is repeated several times, descending in tone. Strings only.

Mar 15, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fungi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That sounds a lot like the beginning of Winter, from The Four Seasons.

I thought exactly the same.

Mar 16, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #8 of 9
Fungi, Chrysoberyl: Thanks guys - but unfortunately that wasn't what I'm looking for, either.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back