Search is useless
Oct 26, 2012 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

PleasantSounds

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm frustrated with the current search functionality: if I specify more than one keyword, the results shown include either of them, not all of them. This makes it impossible to get through the thousands of messages in order to find the few that relate to what I'm interested in.

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 6
And this leads to people starting more wantless threads instead of finding the ones relevant that might help them first. Head-fi should look into a "powered by google" search function

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #3 of 6
Most do use that method.. as in go on google input whatever you want to search for and add "headfi" after it. We dont need no fancy search contraptions 
Quote:
And this leads to people starting more wantless threads instead of finding the ones relevant that might help them first. Head-fi should look into a "powered by google" search function

Oct 27, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #4 of 6
This is a search engine plugin I created a while ago for FireFox, but it should work with IE (tested on IE9) and Chrome (not tested) as well. Once installed in your web browser of choice, you can use the search bar to search the forum via Google.

http://mycroft.mozdev.org/search-engines.html?name=head-fi

Oct 27, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Most do use that method.. as in go on google input whatever you want to search for and add "headfi" after it. We dont need no fancy search contraptions 

What's so fancy in using "AND" connector in your query rather than "OR" ?
The advanced search already has certain fancy features that would be handy, like restricting the search to specific forums or specifying minimum number of replies - and google will not give you that.
It would be better to disable the search altogether so people don't waste time trying it and go straight to google.

Oct 27, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #6 of 6
I tried searching for an older post of mine, searching by my username, surprise! No results. 
So I had to manually go through pages and pages...Fun stuff for sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back