SE530's & Klipsch ovals
Oct 26, 2009 at 10:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

timmyGCSE

500+ Head-Fier
Recently I've been having a lot of comfort issues with IEM's, every one I use seems to be ok for a while then starts to hurt my ears in a kinda aching way. I got my SE530's just over a week ago and they have been pretty comfortable but the thick silicone and round shape of the tips started giving me the usual pain today (I don't get on with foamies at all). I thought whatever I've got an appointment for custom sleeves on Friday so I'll grin and bear it for now. But then I thought hmm I wonder if I can find something to tide me over..I then wondered if the klipsch ovals that came with my x1's would fit coz the x1's, despite being a bit lacking in sq, are extremely comfortable and super isolating. Indeed they fit perfect!

This for me is a revalation 3 fold - firstly the sound is noticibly improved, the bass is fuller and the sound is more airy and exciting, secondly isolation is improved presumably because the gels fit my canals perfectly, and thirdly comfort is spot on..so much so I'm gna cancel my appointment for the sleeves and get some UM2's instead
biggrin.gif

I know some people don't like the oval gels so YMMV but maybe this may be of use to a few..give it a try
wink.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 5
Thats strange, I find on my Klipsch Custom 3s that the Shure olive eartips are more comfortable. I actually use the Shure tips on my Ulitmate Ears IEMs as well.

Oct 27, 2009 at 9:10 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
um2?

well....maybe not
redface.gif
I'm cooking up a plan
wink.gif

Oct 27, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm glad those gels work for someone. I detest them, made my Custom 2s unusable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back