SE530/535 Acoustic Filter Mod: More SQ improvement than cables? Dampers!
Nov 19, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #586 of 590
Yeah, what @povidlo said. It's not that long of a thread and all your questions are addressed. I'm pretty sure there's even talk about the 535 Reds. I have never felt the need to swap the cables on these phones. As far as filter, I used Green for a while, but when I swapped them out with Brown, I had what was so pleasing to me, I stayed with Brown. The filters were not expensive when I got my first ones from Mouser.com and even cheaper when I got more from AliExpress. As you can read in previous posts, removal of the filters is not difficult, you just need to be steady and patient. I used a sharp needle. Have fun and give us a review when you're done!
I would second for the brown filter. I, too, went through almost all the filters and settled with Brown. :)
I was using some precision screw drivers (those ones for fixing my eye glasses) to remove the filters. I wasn't able to save the stock filters. One of them was damaged during the initial removal.

Dec 4, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #589 of 590
Really feeling the yellow dampers!

20201204_195654.jpg

This BA bass is insane. So fast and clean. Never thought I could enjoy German techno on 535s.

With a good source, does not sound muddy or congested at all.

Jul 2, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #590 of 590

Users who are viewing this thread

Back