SE425 or SE535?
Apr 9, 2014 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bobby12

500+ Head-Fier
I've been lurking on these forums for a while now and finally decided to make an account since I've taken a greater interest in audio. Head-fi helped me choose the SE215 and I liked it. Now I'm looking to upgrade to something even better.
The Shure SE425 costs $300 and the SE535 LTD costs $550 which is almost double the price. Is that price difference worth it? I want headphones that are focused on the high/mids.
The main reason why I'm focused on Shure is because of the craftsmanship. I had the SE215 for almost 2 years and it still looks almost new. Usually earphones break within a couple of months for me, even some of the expensive ones, so it's amazing my SE215 is still alive.
I made the same thread in the wrong section but I can't move it.

Apr 10, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 3
Short answer is yes.

My 535's are the 2nd best pair of IME's I've ever heard, 2nd only to my JH Roxanne's.

Look at it this way, you are upgrading from the 200 series and already know you like the shure sound signature, why settle for less and regret it later?

I hear amazing things about the shure 846 (I think that's the model number but could be mistaken?) with the changeable filters, but I haven't had a chance to hear them yet, but if you are planning to have for a long period of time, I have heard nothing but great things

Back to your original question, go with the 535's (try to get the red LTD though, they are slightly tweaked to sound better)

Apr 10, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #3 of 3
I've been lurking on these forums for a while now and finally decided to make an account since I've taken a greater interest in audio. Head-fi helped me choose the SE215 and I liked it. Now I'm looking to upgrade to something even better.
The Shure SE425 costs $300 and the SE535 LTD costs $550 which is almost double the price. Is that price difference worth it? I want headphones that are focused on the high/mids.
The main reason why I'm focused on Shure is because of the craftsmanship. I had the SE215 for almost 2 years and it still looks almost new. Usually earphones break within a couple of months for me, even some of the expensive ones, so it's amazing my SE215 is still alive.
I made the same thread in the wrong section but I can't move it.

You may find this article pretty interesting:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/shure-ear-series-se215-se315-se425-and-se535
(it has 2 pages)

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back