Scotland Meet 2008. (March 1st, see new thread)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2008 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Duggeh

Indeed
The title is self explanatory of course. Been more than a year since the last wee one. Been more than 3 months since the UK meet.

Lets have another one do chaps, any more of us in the Scot-Fi posse these days?

Let the niggling commence.

----------edit------------

Seemed a good idea to stick info on the front post.

Looks like date has been set for 1st march and the place is Edinburgh, at Milkpowders flat, although people will have to find their own sleeping space.

I will be there.

Jan 4, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #2 of 36
If the offers extending across the water, i'd like to put my name down
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #4 of 36
Lisnalee, if you want to take the hovercraft/helicopter/plane/train/automobile/go-kart/teleporter/segway over then thats no problem.

SenjStevo, we are not elitists here, you're more than welcome.

Nothing set yet, but a date and a venue are the most important concerns. Venue is dependant on numbers of course.

Jan 5, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #6 of 36
Count me in please. I've never actually traveled up to Scotland before but I'd love to come along. I'll be able to bring some real gear along this time rather than 595s!
wink.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #7 of 36
Well (to keep things moving) I can host here at my flat if numbers are quite small (as was the case for the first Scotland meet). Alternatively, it would not be difficult to get the use of a hotel (St. Andrews has many) or a Student Union function room for the day.

The trouble is that St Andrews lies slightly aside of the main public transportation routes. Notably, the nearest train station is in the neighbouring town of Leuchars (the taxi drivers union and the bus drivers association continues to thwart plans to reinstate the rail link that was destroyed under Doctor Beaching).

I can put a couple of people up for the night, but beyond that, one of the many hotels, or the student hostel, would need to be used by those who had travelled over any great distance.

A hosting here would of course, merit a subsequent evenings alcoholic consumption about the toon.

A date would also be something worth throwing around as a matter of rough convenience, although once a venue is decided, its the person in subsequent charge who has to decide specifics.

I have my exam season at the minute. Up till the 22nd. Second term starts in early February. March is a quite busy month (monster pub crawls, anthropological breaks and birthdays) but there will I am sure be spare time.

The more in advance the plan is made, the greater the chance for success and proliferation and population. But the longer one must wait (naturally).

I'll shoot off emails to those head-fiers who came to the last meet, but are not so often forum lurkers. Beyond that, anyone else who can offer perhaps more transportation friendly hosting is much appreciated. (I'm thinking Glasgow/Edinburgh/Glenrothes here). I could organise Glenrothes myself if needed. Although I suspect that the Rothes Halls is pretty expensive and probably already booked up for the foreseeable time.

Jan 9, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #8 of 36
Wherever it is, i'm up for it!

I don't really have anything worth bringing along though, that's my only worry
rolleyes.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #9 of 36
As i said before i would prefer to drive, so i suppose Glasgow or thereabout would suit me best. But i'd happily have it anywhere within reach of good transportation.

I've nothin major coming up, so i can go anytime in the next few months. All my schooling days are behind me
biggrin.gif

It would be great if we could organise a venue and date asap, so myself and others travel long distance could begin making travel arrangements etc, booking early and all that.

Jan 11, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #10 of 36
I won't be posting after this post until I have my review completed. Which wont be until after I finish my exams. Which is not for some time. So if you want to get in touch about this event then email me or I can be found at the other place.

Getting Milkpowder in on this would also be a good idea.

Bye for now.

Jan 18, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #11 of 36
I'm in as well, if so
biggrin.gif
- probably nothing new in my setup - want to listen again before I pull a trigger on BH and O2
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #12 of 36
Somehow, I missed this thread. I'd be interested! It's been quite a while.

I'm going back to Hong Kong for Easter break (leaving on the 22 March), so preferably sometime before that.

Jan 20, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #13 of 36
I'm really interested in looking at some amplification this time around. Even though I loved the Graham Slee, I sold it this week since it wasn't £250 better than the DAC1s amps. I would, however, buy a new amp if it offered a real step up.

Time-wise, I'd prefer March but I could also do February, any weekend is good.

Jan 20, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #14 of 36
How did you like the GS-1? It's even more expensive than the Graham Slee though (much more actually, if you take into account import duties/VAT).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back