Schitt Asgard vs. Little Dot MK 3 vs. Aune T1?
Oct 11, 2012 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

00birdy

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a really nice tube amp (DT 880 Pro 320ohm) and I can't decide on what to get.  I won't be able to hear any of them before purchasing so that's the problem.  I like the looks of the T1 and it seems to very reliable and well built, but there's little comparison information on it however.  The Four tubes of the schitt or little dot seem like they might give better sound performance?  Or does it not matter how many tubes there are? 

edit just realized the Valhalla was the four tube one, even still question remains.

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #2 of 4
bump.  maybe a hifiman EF2A?  I read some posts already that said this smates bad with DT 880 though.

Maybe something from Meier?  Alot of people saying they won't power the 250 ohm beyer's to their full though. 

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #3 of 4
I'm going to guess all three of these headphone amplifiers will have no problem driving 250-Ohm headphones.
What DAC are you using?
Or other source(s) your planning on plugging the headphones into?

Also check the Head-Fi thread "Amplifiers for Sale", might find a good deal on an amp.

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #4 of 4
Haven't decided if I should get a dedicated DAC that can accept optical-toslink, because my motherboard has lots of noise with 3.5mm connections. 
I'm also looking at the Audio-gd stuff, it seems like they have tremendous value.  I also think they have a dac/amp with optical toslink input.  the problem is finding which model, as there seem to be unlimited ones.  I don't mind buying used, so even some of their older models I will have to figure out the history of their product lineup.  If only there was a timeline with a chart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back