Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Nov 8, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #6,016 of 12,406
Did you hear back from him yet?

Nope. I believe Schiit seriously underestimates the value of exemplary customer service. At the moment and from my vantage point, their customer service (or lack thereof) leaves a lot to be desired.The more intelligent and thought out the question, the more they ignore it. And if they are overwhelmed because of volume, higher more staff (which they can do at this point as they are successful). But can they remain that way with the level of customer service they provide? They don't answer a phone call for goodness sake.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #6,017 of 12,406
Why would one write to a specific person in support? That person may have been reassigned, quit etc. and won't respond. Write to the general support email address.

I didn't write to a specific person. However, the few times (over many months prior to my purchasing the Yggy) that I did write and ask a question, it was *ALWAYS* answered by Nick T. I suppose they only have one support person.

This bears repeating:

I believe Schiit seriously underestimates the value of exemplary customer service. At the moment and from my vantage point, their customer service (or lack thereof) leaves a lot to be desired. The more intelligent and thought out the question, the more they ignore it. And if they are overwhelmed because of volume, higher more staff (which they can do at this point as they are successful). But can they remain that way with the level of customer service they provide? They don't answer a phone call for goodness sake.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #6,018 of 12,406
Why would one write to a specific person in support? That person may have been reassigned, quit etc. and won't respond. Write to the general support email address.

Hello. Not writing to a specific person.

This is the address tech@schiit.com that - when and if a response is received, is signed "Nick T Schiit Tech".

In fact, often is the case that by sending an email to orders@schiit.com, it is responded to by Laura Zeman, who claims she will personally advise "tech" and then I still do not read back.

Thank you Laura! At least you read and respond to emails! Please teach the rest of the group.

Nov 8, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #6,019 of 12,406
I have asked odd technical questions to their support before and have always gotten answers within a few days. In some instances I got messages saying that they would have to ask someone to get the information, but I always got an answer. If you didn't it's likely the msg got lost or something because.. you know email?

Side note their support staff also worked with my wife to get me a version of something for my birthday that was not listed and hadn't been l listed on the page during that time. I know because I had been checking so I could pull the trigger. They actually didn't tell her that they had done it. I assume they wanted it be a surprise. It was and we were both very happy.

Nov 8, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #6,020 of 12,406
I have had no issues getting responses from Schiit either, of course I am not a condecending doubting Thomas, nor have I spread unfounded rumors, or blatantly disrespected the designer of the DAC. YMMV of course. :deadhorse:

Nov 8, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #6,021 of 12,406
I have asked odd technical questions to their support before and have always gotten answers within a few days. In some instances I got messages saying that they would have to ask someone to get the information, but I always got an answer. If you didn't it's likely the msg got lost or something because.. you know email?....

Yes, I do "know email". Trust me, they got it.

Not to mention the fact that they read these forums too and know precisely who I am.

Mike Moffat @Baldr and I fell out of grace after he twice asked me the the same question which realistically didn't need to be asked because I posted the requested data and he subsequent (third) reply asked if I was using "cans" (literally) as speakers. I suspect he didn't like the fact that I found that reply unprofessional and disingenuous and replied with my own ostentatious post, resulting in a myriad of thread posts to be deleted by the moderator/administrator of this site. So I suspect, their "big pay back" (RIP James Brown) is to ignore me. But seeing MM is a (presumed) dead head, as evidenced by his long strange trip thread - he likely understands (as do all others now by virtue of this post) - that "my job is to shed light, and not to master".

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #6,022 of 12,406
I have had no issues getting responses from Schiit either, of course I am not a condecending doubting Thomas, nor have I spread unfounded rumors, or blatantly disrespected the designer of the DAC. YMMV of course. :deadhorse:

Oh yes indeed. Mileage does vary.

Nov 8, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #6,023 of 12,406
I am sorry sir, I had now idea how important you are with them.. And that you obviously had access to their email server to check and confirm that your message was indeed read.

I stand corrected.

Nov 8, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #6,024 of 12,406
I thought I'd butt in with details from my interactions with Schiit. I contacted them 3 separate times with 3 separate questions and got responses within 1 hour every single time I emailed. Laura is a hard worker and all of my other friends say they've had a great experience with her. Once I ordered, I had a payment issue with my credit card, and had to wait til the money was refunded. They were totally transparent and understanding with their situation on their end, and they offered to hold my Yggdrasil for me until I was ready to make payment. They also gave me an alternative methd of payment to avoid the same problem as before. I made good on my payment as soon as I had access to my funds again, and literally within 5 minutes after I paid my invoice, they sent me a tracking number. It's now on its way and should be here later this week. Now THAT'S service. They had no obligation to believe me that I'd pay up, and went out of their way to set aside my unit for me. I honestly thought it was too good to be true. Why would they, of all things, believe me, someone they've never met? I put my trust in them and they certainly put their trust in me.

I'm sorry to any individuals (gdhal) who haven't had the speediest email support, nor received the intimate personal support from the company owner that you seem to expect. He's taken the time to respond to you on several occasions, all of which I've seen you spurn. I seriously doubt things of escalated to a 'falling out' of sorts, its more likely he just doesn't care. He's probably at work on the new turntable most likely. Something I'm personally VERY interested in.

Nov 8, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #6,025 of 12,406
I've had a handful of occasions to use Schiit's customer service. They've always been responsive. I assume they are like most people or companies...if you treat them respectfully they respond in a like manner. If you don't, you get what you get. So get over it.

Nov 8, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #6,026 of 12,406
Schiit has historically had great customer response. I've noticed however that emails lately sent to tech@ have simply been ignored. Anything from tube recommendations to helping diagnose certain issues. Unsure what is happening or has happened, but customer service isn't what it was either due to growth, vacations, or whatever. While you get more flies with honey rather than vinegar, the quality of customer service should not depend on the customers attitude in 99% of cases.

Nov 8, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #6,027 of 12,406
Hello. Not writing to a specific person.

This is the address tech@schiit.com that - when and if a response is received, is signed "Nick T Schiit Tech".

In fact, often is the case that by sending an email to orders@schiit.com, it is responded to by Laura Zeman, who claims she will personally advise "tech" and then I still do not read back.

Thank you Laura! At least you read and respond to emails! Please teach the rest of the group.

How often do you need to write them? Seriously, how many questions could you possibly have? I believe you own an Yggdrasil as do I. I can’t imagine what questions you have regarding the unit. Sorry but I simply don’t understand.

Nov 8, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #6,028 of 12,406
I've had a handful of occasions to use Schiit's customer service. They've always been responsive. I assume they are like most people or companies...if you treat them respectfully they respond in a like manner. If you don't, you get what you get. So get over it.

And to think I thought it was the customer who is entitled to respect.

Nov 8, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #6,029 of 12,406
Schiit has historically had great customer response. I've noticed however that emails lately sent to tech@ have simply been ignored. Anything from tube recommendations to helping diagnose certain issues. Unsure what is happening or has happened, but customer service isn't what it was either due to growth, vacations, or whatever. While you get more flies with honey rather than vinegar, the quality of customer service should not depend on the customers attitude in 99% of cases.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Nov 8, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #6,030 of 12,406
How often do you need to write them? Seriously, how many questions could you possibly have? I believe you own an Yggdrasil as do I. I can’t imagine what questions you have regarding the unit. Sorry but I simply don’t understand.

I've had less than five. Hence my concern why there should be no response. Especially given that my questions could (and would) be beneficial to the entire community (owners) and are not answered in the "manual".

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back