Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Mar 15, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #4,366 of 12,398
Yep tried both USB and optical. It clicked and got the info from my two PCs but no sound to the amp. Amp works just fine. Tested both the red/white with different cables and balanced interconnects.

Sad day... Soul crushed.

Well that sucks....
mad.gif

Schiit will take care you. But it still sucks!!!

Mar 15, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #4,367 of 12,398
Yep Schiit will make it right but that still sucks.

Mar 15, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #4,368 of 12,398
Feel horrible for you..

Not trying to play DSD, right?

Also may want to unplug for several minutes and try again.

Sounds like you've covered all the bases.  I would pull the Wyrd and jitterbugs out for now, but it sounds like you've tried other inputs.

Good luck on a quick turnaround from Schiit.

Mar 15, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #4,369 of 12,398
Well that sucks.... :mad:
Schiit will take care you. But it still sucks!!!

Hoping for a good repair and a quick turn around...

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #4,370 of 12,398
Yep tried both USB and optical. It clicked and got the info from my two PCs but no sound to the amp. Amp works just fine. Tested both the red/white with different cables and balanced interconnects.

Sad day... Soul crushed.

That sounds like trying different inputs on the back. Just to make sure, are you cycling through the inputs with the button on the front? If so, do you get two lights turning on to show "sample rate" while playing music?

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #4,371 of 12,398
  That sounds like trying different inputs on the back. Just to make sure, are you cycling through the inputs with the button on the front? If so, do you get two lights turning on to show "sample rate" while playing music?

Yep, I got those two lights with both USB and optical.

No sound from either.

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #4,372 of 12,398
Are you sure the volume control in whatever software you using is not turned all the way down?

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #4,374 of 12,398

Sorry to hear this.
As @buke9 mentioned, are you positive that the volume is not muted and up all the way on whatever music software you're using along with your PC volume?

PC is set to the correct playback device.

PC volume is maxed.

Tried three media softwares and tried muting and then maxing them (and trying different volumes between)

Nothing. I've gone through their manual and troubleshooting guides with no luck as well.

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #4,376 of 12,398

PC volume is maxed.

Tried three media softwares and tried muting and then maxing them (and trying different volumes between)

Nothing. I've gone through their manual and troubleshooting guides with no luck as well.

Correct input selected on the amp?

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #4,377 of 12,398

PC volume is maxed.

OK.
I was just checking again being this has happened to me on more than one occasion, and I went nuts for nothing. Sometimes it's the smiliest thing.
Anyway, hope you get your Yggy back ASAP, and again, sorry to hear this.

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #4,379 of 12,398

Correct input selected on the amp?

Yep, and I cycled just in-case.

OK.
I was just checking again being this has happened to me on more than one occasion, and I went nuts for nothing. Sometimes it's the smiliest thing.
Anyway, hope you get your Yggy back ASAP, and again, sorry to hear this.

I really wish it were. I have tried everything I have in terms of cables, sources, etc. with zero luck.

It sucks :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back