Schiit we'd like to see
Dec 16, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #227 of 429

I saw Jason mention somewhere that they were working on 2 channel audio components and I nearly schiit myself. I really can't wait to see whatever it is they're cooking up in that realm.

All their gear so far has been 2ch, including the Loki, despite SACDPs with 5ch output. Or do you mean speaker amps?

There is always money to be made if customers want it.

Question is how many customers do they expect to buy it (which may not match reality, regardless of which one is larger), and if it would offset the production costs (and development costs, if any). Then again, if iFi did it and they didn't seem to have lost money on it, and Schiit can do two sizes for the two chassis sizes they use.

I have to agree with some kind of rack or stand system for the modi and asgard 2 sized chassis. They are a pain in the butt to stack with the crappy rubber feet they give you, but I know that Schiit has said that there is no money to be made on folding some metal and selling it.

I ran into a photo before where somebody bought a desk organizer from Ikea that fits a few smaller amps/DACs. When he assembled it he just didn't install the rear end panel (or he drilled cable routing holes, don't really remember, sorry). That could be a good stop gap for now until manufacturers like Saber (the rack, not the DAC) finally get into desktop-size gear.

One reason for the relative lack of racks for desktop gear though is the fact that they're mostly headphones and computers. The fancy racks wasn't just something to put the gear on, but (at least they claim) also for isolating CDPs and TTs from vibrations (although you'd find one crazy idiot on YouTube who wrapped everything in ERS paper, then put his CD transport on his desk instead of his Spider Rack). Using a headphone eliminates the airborne vibrations, and on computers, the tracks AFAIK aren't read in real time off the platter drive, with the following tracks sent to a buffer (or at least that's how it works on HDD iPods anyway).

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #228 of 429
I still would like to see a dedicated cd transport , that can easily plugged into a dac.

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #230 of 429
Dec 19, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #231 of 429
I still would like to see a dedicated cd transport , that can easily plugged into a dac.

That's great for aesthetic matching, but if they get around to that, they would need to be capable of servicing them, whether in the long run or as in some cases (like the NAD C520's Sanyo transport debacle in the mid-2000s), when they get a bad batch of transports.

For OCD DIY-ers though there can be a fix - there's an online guide on how to build your own CDP, and the simpler version is a pure transport. The only thing they'll need is to get a Schiit chassis.

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #232 of 429
That's great for aesthetic matching, but if they get around to that, they would need to be capable of servicing them, whether in the long run or as in some cases (like the NAD C520's Sanyo transport debacle in the mid-2000s), when they get a bad batch of transports.

For OCD DIY-ers though there can be a fix - there's an online guide on how to build your own CDP, and the simpler version is a pure transport. The only thing they'll need is to get a Schiit chassis.

That is a good point, I guess it's is best Schiit Audio android such a Pandora's box.

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #233 of 429
  A Schiit stackable power conditioner//surge strip that could fit nicely under a Bifrost would find it's way to my desk at a reasonable price I think

This is the only thing I want right now.

Either that or Schiit-stack sized power distribution for their mini devices. One thing I loathe is AC adaptors (aka wallwarts/plugpacks/etc) and standard 8-pin or IEC 60320 compatible sockets would do away with Schiit having to provide country-specific adaptors if they could make it the entire 110-230V compatible. People with cable fetishes can do their own thing too.

Dec 20, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #237 of 429

Heh, all the way back from page 1.

Looks like someone got their wish!

biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #238 of 429
I'd love to see a Lyr 3 with an option to switch between solid state and tubes. It'd be pretty expensive, or useless for most people, but it'd just be neat to switch between a superiorly (made it up right then) accurate solid state like Asgard but with more juice and the Dynamically Adaptive whatchacallit, and the sound of tubes, just depending on what your mood was.

It'd also be neat to see new outer designs on future products, cause damn, Schiit is sexy. 

I might have more ideas in the future, probably after Schiit releases something I had in mind in my subconscious. 

Dec 20, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #239 of 429
  I'd love to see a Lyr 3 with an option to switch between solid state and tubes. It'd be pretty expensive, or useless for most people, but it'd just be neat to switch between a superiorly (made it up right then) accurate solid state like Asgard but with more juice and the Dynamically Adaptive whatchacallit, and the sound of tubes, just depending on what your mood was.

It'd also be neat to see new outer designs on future products, cause damn, Schiit is sexy. 

I might have more ideas in the future, probably after Schiit releases something I had in mind in my subconscious. 

Just buy an Asgard 2, Valhalla 2 and a switch and you got your "Lyr 3".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back