Schiit Vali to replace/upgrade from Magni with Mad Dog Headphones
Feb 4, 2014 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ruleof72

100+ Head-Fier
I've had the Schiit Magni for about a year paired with my Mad Dogs and have been very happy with the setup. But, I'm interested in the Vali as a possible replacement/upgrade for the Magni. I've always to try a tube amp and the Vali seems like a good way to dip the toes in the pool and see if its a fit.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has switched out the Magni for the Vali and uses that with the Mad Dogs. If I were to get the Vali I'd probably take the Magni to the office and pair it with the Modi and some in-ear phones.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Aug 5, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #2 of 2
I haven't used the Vali but I have tried plugging my MDs into a Maverick Audio A1 (all tube headphone amplification, 1W at 32 ohm) and I wasn't impressed.  I'm a tubehead supreme but the MDs just seem to scream for SS amplification, IMO. 

Anyway, I'm sure the Vali is worth a try if you can just go back to the Magni if you don't like it.  I use a Magni with my MDs, too, and for its price, that's a cracking little amp with the black hole of power that is the MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back