Quote:
Nice little rig you've got there.

tanks

I'm becoming a tube junkie...
and... set of LCD2's arrived today  
smile.gif

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #783 of 13,350
Quote:
I've personally found optical to be the best.

I think you are spot-on
The whole 192kHz thing is over baked.
There is limited content available....and..
I can save $10 an album at HD Tracks.

I'm buying the 96kHz stuff and it sounds great.
For that matter, the 44.1kHz on old 50's 60's recordings are amazing.

Setup is a no brainer... let the Mac clock the Bifrost, or any other DAC
connect cable, turn on, done.

No Midi setup nonsense.
IMO.... I can't tell the difference.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #784 of 13,350
tanks

I'm becoming a tube junkie...
and... set of LCD2's arrived today :smile:

Tubes are an expensive hobby. I became a SS guy due to an over-emphasized sense of self-preservation. :wink:

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #785 of 13,350
Quote:
Received my bifrost and Asgard today, to match my senn hd650.
I have one disappointment... I didn't bring the stack home with me tonight. This is my office setup and all I want to do is listen right now.
I also have some anxiety... Should I have popped for the Valhalla instead?

when u say" to match" what do u mean exactly? 

i guess what I am trying to say is....that sounds like u are smart enough to assume that things match. 

I guess I am dumb enough to assume the opposite.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #786 of 13,350
oh btw, i think i need to post this, cus this is a "proud" photo i took with my first dSLR usage. Not that it is anyway legit, but it's good looking to my eyes and I feel good about it, to an extent that I hope that it could satisfy my pro photographer wanna be ego and suceed in reeling and pretending to be one.

It's all just about posing..for me at least

:)))

BUT IN THE END, AS SOON AS THIS GOES ONLINE IT'S FREE TO ANYONE TO DOWNLOAD OBVIOUSLY.. I MEAN LIKE I INVENTED PHOTOGRAPHY OR PRODUCED THAT DAMN DSLR..I take no real deep pride in anything that is even slightly related to un-original.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #787 of 13,350
Quote:
oh btw, i think i need to post this, cus this is a proud photo i took with my first dSLR usage. Not that it is anyway legit, but it's good looking to my eyes and I feel good about it, to an extent that I hope that it could satisfy my pro photographer wanna be ego and suceed in reeling and pretending to be one.

BUT IN THE END, AS SOON AS THIS GOES ONLINE IT'S FREE TO ANYONE TO DOWNLOAD OBVIOUSLY.. I MEAN LIKE I INVENTED PHOTOGRAPHY OR PRODUCED THAT DAMN DSLR..I take no real deep pride in anything that is even slightly related to un-original.

nice catch

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #788 of 13,350
Took the liberty of "amping" that baby up a tad.

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #789 of 13,350
Quote:
oh btw, i think i need to post this, cus this is a "proud" photo i took with my first dSLR usage. Not that it is anyway legit, but it's good looking to my eyes and I feel good about it, to an extent that I hope that it could satisfy my pro photographer wanna be ego and suceed in reeling and pretending to be one.

They say "Imitation is the highest form of flattery"
Dude,  I have to give you props for the composition.....   
cool.gif

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #794 of 13,350
As much as I love my Lyr and have 5 sets of tubes, I think I'm going to go the same direction.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Magni and mate it with my DragonFly for my recliner setup.  The DF is a little weak with the HD700 and I think the Magni might give it the extra little bit of punch.  Been looking for a cheaper amp with a full 1/4" headphone plug.
Quote:
Tubes are an expensive hobby. I became a SS guy due to an over-emphasized sense of self-preservation.
wink.gif

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #795 of 13,350
Quote:
As much as I love my Lyr and have 5 sets of tubes, I think I'm going to go the same direction.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Magni and mate it with my DragonFly for my recliner setup.  The DF is a little weak with the HD700 and I think the Magni might give it the extra little bit of punch.  Been looking for a cheaper amp with a full 1/4" headphone plug.

May I ask what were those 5 sets of tubes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back