Schiit Owners Unite
Jan 11, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #976 of 13,350
And speakers!

It's about time I gave my speakers some good schiit
It should make for a good desktop setup with my Gallo Stradas, which by the way are rocking with a Decware CSP & Densen B320.
For once I'd like to tell Jason to take his time and let my wallet recover from the pinnacle:wink:

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #978 of 13,350
Quote:

Hey all,

Since you at least deserve a statement with respect to the Statement products, here it is, in all its ugly glory:

Statement Amp

The Statement amp is much more mature, but we put its development on hold so it can be more closely aligned with the DAC. Also, transformer issues have slowed us down in iterating the design. Argh.

What I can tell you about the Statement amp is that it is more than a feature--packed Mjolnir. Think of a complete integrated amp, with special attention paid to the headphone output side, and yes, speaker binding posts. Same circlotron-style topology, but significantly different in execution for these power and current levels, and with a very different, relay-switched stepped attenuator volume control. Expect 50W into 8 ohms and multiple levels of gain, with the intention of serving everything from IEMs to loudspeakers. And yes, solid-state or hybrid will be available--but it'll be a one-time choice. There's no switching back and forth. 

It's nice to finally get an idea as to what to expect from the statement amps. Just one question.

As it is more of an departure from the Mjolnir than originally expected can we expect the same character of sound as the Mjolnir or sound wise will it be totally different sounding.

Thanks

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #979 of 13,350
  Dear Mr. Stoddard:

Thank you for your open and honest responses...it certainly does help me in my decision making process regarding one your Schiit amps...(if i cannot buy one of each...lol...),

If at all possible, (understanding that the statement amp. will sigificantly depart from the Mjolnir in several design paramters), I would like to echo nigeljames' question...,

In terms of basic sound quality, will this statement amp. differ significantly from the Mjolnir, or the ability to drive "difficult" headphones?  Also, due to the amplifier circuit architecture, will this amp also NOT have single ended headphone output capacity?  

Thank you.

Sincerely, 
  T.A. Kogstrom    

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #980 of 13,350
Jason can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the nice thing about circlotron circuit is you can keep adding devices to up the power.

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #982 of 13,350
I personally hope the statement amp will sound better, or as good as a B22. In affirmative case, I would buy the statement amp even for 1750 $.

That is what I imagine an "end-game" amp to be :).

In my opinion, a B22 is one of the reference amps (or possibly the reference solid state amp) currently existing.

And I hope the statement will have balanced outputs, or eventually even single ended, too.

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #983 of 13,350
Given the Mjolnir already goes toe to toe with the B22 just with a different flavour... I can't see the Statement going backwards.  There is room in the B22 for improvement.  Which is not to say I don't like the B22, my 3rd is being built so clearly AMB got something right :wink:

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #984 of 13,350
Quote:
I personally hope the statement amp will sound better, or as good as a B22. In affirmative case, I would buy the statement amp even for 1750 $.

That is what I imagine an "end-game" amp to be :).

In my opinion, a B22 is one of the reference amps (or possibly the reference solid state amp) currently existing.

And I hope the statement will have balanced outputs, or eventually even single ended, too.

"Statement" is usually quite a bit north of $1750.
Just say'n

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #985 of 13,350
Quote:
"Statement" is usually quite a bit north of $1750.
Just say'n

All details are subject to change and nothing solid as been quoted. However a loose statement had the statement gear
at roughly double the balanced gear.

But either way, nobody knows.

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #987 of 13,350
Quote:

I believe few months ago it has been said that the statement amp would have been sold for 1500 $, this is why I specified "even for 1750 $".

Maybe they changed idea? I really don't know :).

Here's a little factoid for ya.....

I have no idea what I am talking about.

biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #988 of 13,350
None of us do per speculation. 
tongue.gif

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #989 of 13,350
I'd like to see the DAC and AMP have some type of control for automation.

All my non can gear is in a closet. I use RedEye Pro

Just a Contact Closure to toggle power, and yes I know I can buy a power strip with CC.

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #990 of 13,350
Quote:
None of us do per speculation. 
tongue.gif

I was in the Schiit "HQ" yesterday to pick my Lyr & Bifrost and spoke to Alex the ops mgr for a good hour. I was told both the statement amp and dac would be under $2k. I'm already blanking on the figures he gave me, but they were under the 2 grand mark, of course I'm sure that's subject to change as development goes on. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back