Schiit Mjolnir 3 - Impressions Thread
Feb 21, 2024 at 10:55 AM Post #1,561 of 3,082
Thanks for those options, in fact Devilboy thanks for that option reminded me I already have something very similar. Yours may be better.

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #1,563 of 3,082
Thanks for those options, in fact Devilboy thanks for that option reminded me I already have something very similar. Yours may be better.
Gotcha.

We all just have to take into consideration why it is that someone would use devices like we are talking about here. When people say they work, how exactly are they "working"?
In terms of providing stability and space and a reliable, safe platform for your precious components to sit on, then I highly recommend the rubber ones or ones like I was using before, the IsoAcoustics. They are phenomenal for the stability they provide.

But from a sonic perspective, I consider "working" to be channeling internal vibrations out of the component caused by the incoming electricity.

Using the Live Vibe points has made a profound difference in both my headphone system and my loudspeaker system.
Of course I am not affiliated in any way with Live Vibe, I'm just a regular dude sharing my experience.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #1,564 of 3,082
Gotcha.

We all just have to take into consideration why it is that someone would use devices like we are talking about here. When people say they work, how exactly are they "working"?
In terms of providing stability and space and a reliable, safe platform for your precious components to sit on, then I highly recommend the rubber ones or ones like I was using before, the Isoacoustics. They are phenomenal for the stability they provide.

But from a sonic perspective, I consider "working" to be channeling internal vibrations out of the component caused by the incoming electricity.

Using the Live Vibe points has made a profound difference in both my headphone system and my loudspeaker system.
Of course I am not affiliated in any way with Live Vibe, I'm just a regular dude sharing my experience.
I tought that those foot isolators made sense for speakers and the like, in my case i got the Rubber One only to make the Mjolnir 3 have a better airflow

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:07 AM Post #1,565 of 3,082
Plus when you think about it, there's not much price difference between the IsoAcoustics and the Live Vibe.
Depending on how heavy your component is, the IsoAcoustics are $50 a piece, so $150 for a set of three. The Live Vibe points are $300-400 depending on the length you get.

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #1,566 of 3,082
I tought that those foot isolators made sense for speakers and the like, in my case i got the Rubber One only to make the Mjolnir 3 have a better airflow
Personally, I wouldn't want rubber or anything that moves underneath my speakers. I would rather want something inert.

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #1,567 of 3,082
Personally, I wouldn't want rubber or anything that moves underneath my speakers. I would rather want something inert.
They have the rubber o ring but are alluminiun i think 😂 but on a serious note i'm not educated on foot isolators and the likes using only headphones and don't having speakers i always tought that in my case It wasn't something essential

Feb 21, 2024 at 1:15 PM Post #1,569 of 3,082
I did A/B (with and without) testing with isoacoustic pucks under my speakers. Could be placebo, but I swear they sound less muddy with the pucks.
Glad it worked for you.

Feb 21, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #1,570 of 3,082
Here she blows. Just powered up and sending very quick and detailed via HD8xx

MJ3 stack .jpg

Feb 21, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #1,572 of 3,082
Feb 21, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #1,573 of 3,082
Here she blows. Just powered up and sending very quick and detailed via HD8xx

MJ3 stack .jpg
Beautiful
a proper schiit stack, that

Feb 21, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #1,574 of 3,082
Never said I didn't like it. I just didn't care for the pairing with the MJ3. Like I could get OK volume with MJ3 in high gain, but something else in the sound was off probably due to the amp not having enough to really drive it properly and that's not me judging the sound signature.
What DAC were you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back