Schiit Magni/Modi or ATH-AD900X
Aug 7, 2013 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

loveha

New Head-Fier
I recently did some changes to my computer where I can't use a sound card any longer, which at the time didn't really bother me. My motherboard supports 600OHM Headphones, decently, but not with the volume I would like. My DT990s are my go to headphones as they are the most comfortable out of the few pairs I own. The headband in my K702s start to hurt the top of my head after a bit and the SR325is hurt the ears. So I was thinking of getting a USB Amp and DAC like the Schiit Magni and Modi or lower impedance and hopefully more comfortable headphones like the ATH-AD900X. I'm torn between the two and I am not sure which one to go with. Can someone help me out with my decision? I am open to other suggestion as well, as you can probably guess by the prices, I have a budget of about $200.

Aug 7, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 4
I would say to get the Audio Technica ATH-AD900X and sell off your other headphones.
With the cash you get from selling off your old headphones, you could buy an external DAC/Amp.

Aug 7, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
I would say to get the Audio Technica ATH-AD900X and sell off your other headphones.
With the cash you get from selling off your old headphones, you could buy an external DAC/Amp.

I have considered selling my K702 and SR325is headphones. With those alone I could buy the Schiit M&M. Then I would not really need to buy the ATH-AD900X.
After doing some thinking while composing this for the past 30 minutes, I'll get the ATH-AD900X, sell the aforementioned. I don't touch them that much. How much do you think I can get for them? I'll pick up the M&M later.

Aug 7, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I have considered selling my K702 and SR325is headphones. With those alone I could buy the Schiit M&M. Then I would not really need to buy the ATH-AD900X.
After doing some thinking while composing this for the past 30 minutes, I'll get the ATH-AD900X, sell the aforementioned. I don't touch them that much. How much do you think I can get for them? I'll pick up the M&M later.

You can probably get around 175 shipped for each of them.  You might even be able to trade one of them straightup for a Magni/Modi combo here on the forums since they're all valued around the same level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back