Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Apr 17, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #6,481 of 23,494
In order to defend a product that product must first have been attacked. It was not! Do some research.

Ok you are a sainted angle of the audio community.  That part of the conversation is over.

This is the praise rb2013 part. LOL!
etysmile.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #6,482 of 23,494
Quote:
So it's a great day to use the Lyr inside without overheating!

(Well that was unrelated to the forum)

Since this is a tube rolling thread, where are the lists of impressions?
Originally Posted by MWSVette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are over 6000 replies of impressions of various tubes.  I have personally attempted to answer questions from you.  Please do not be snarky.

+1 MWSVette

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #6,484 of 23,494
  I want to personally welcome Red Bull - I mean Garage1217 to our little going away party.  Thanks for the cake!

OMG, that cake is hilarious 
darthsmile.gif

Seems someone is itchin' to go out with a BAN(G)!
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #6,486 of 23,494

I want to personally welcome Red Bull - I mean Garage1217 to our little going away party.  Thanks for the cake!

OMG, that cake is hilarious 
darthsmile.gif

Seems someone is itchin' to go out with a BAN(G)!
wink.gif

Currawong's Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet, green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #6,487 of 23,494
  Prediction: much of this thread over the past day and the next couple will be like a beautiful Tibetan monk mandala; just so much sand of 0s & 1s swept away into the digital river.

Enjoy it while it lasts 
smily_headphones1.gif

But isn't that part of the problem, who gets to decide what should be swept away...

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #6,488 of 23,494
Anyone roll the Siemens CCa grey shield exclusively? Just put them into my WA2 with the Tung Sol 5998 power tubes, they are sounding very musical. I'm surprised these German tubes are pouring out some nice tonality... wanted to hear others thoughts/opinions.

Apr 17, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #6,489 of 23,494
Apr 17, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #6,490 of 23,494
Hey @MWSVette yea, thanks, I read the tube shootout and was intruiged... just wondering if anyone uses them daily and was wondering which headphones they paired them with. I've found I prefer the pinched waist Amperex tubes with the HD-650's... just recently got the LCD's and I'm preferring the Siemens tubes with them. Maybe something about the planars?

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #6,491 of 23,494
  Hey @MWSVette yea, thanks, I read the tube shootout and was intruiged... just wondering if anyone uses them daily and was wondering which headphones they paired them with. I've found I prefer the pinched waist Amperex tubes with the HD-650's... just recently got the LCD's and I'm preferring the Siemens tubes with them. Maybe something about the planars?

I wish I had a pair of cca's to try.  I went thru many sets before I found the sound I like.  Mostly I like the Siemens, Telefunken and then the 70's Russians are my favorites.  The Philips/Amperex are a little wooly to me.

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #6,492 of 23,494
Nice. If you're into the more neutral sounding tubes, I'd also recommend the Hamburg Valvo/Philips tubes... (factory code "D"). Valvo stamped some CCa's from that plant that sound very nice as well.

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #6,493 of 23,494
  Nice. If you're into the more neutral sounding tubes, I'd also recommend the Hamburg Valvo/Philips tubes... (factory code "D"). Valvo stamped some CCa's from that plant that sound very nice as well.

I am always watching on ebay.  They some expensive tubes...

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #6,494 of 23,494

I am always watching on ebay.  They some expensive tubes...

Agreed.  My mid-60s "Valvo" Hamburg E88CCs are very neutral.  If you can find them, I reckon they'll be $150 and up.  Don't limit yourself to just "CCa"s, as people will charge a serious premium for them.

Apr 17, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #6,495 of 23,494

There are over 6000 replies of impressions of various tubes.  I have personally attempted to answer questions from you.  Please do not be snarky.

ExCUSE me Mr. I have the right to my sass. 

But I have actually been reading all the way from the very beginning. I haven't got very far because you folks are terribly boring. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back