Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Feb 23, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #12,017 of 23,494
  Guys are not buying quick enough here, still more than 10 available
I`m hoping these PW sell out quick, I had these 2 times on the confirm and pay screen, I really want the M2 next.

I just ordered my Yggdrasil and I will soon be ordering a Mjolnir 2. I love the tubes I have so I don't think I will be doing much more experimenting there. I am waiting for the new Vidar amps to come out so I can build a 2 channel system in my "listening" room. I just have to figure out what speakers to get. 

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #12,018 of 23,494

I just ordered my Yggdrasil and I will soon be ordering a Mjolnir 2. I love the tubes I have so I don't think I will be doing much more experimenting there. I am waiting for the new Vidar amps to come out so I can build a 2 channel system in my "listening" room. I just have to figure out what speakers to get. 

I consider the yggy + mj2 to be my endgame combo as well, will recable all my headphones to balanced and will be able to tube roll to change my music as it suits me depending on synergy with whatever new headphone I might get. Once I get those I *HOPE* I will be content and live happily ever after with that gear and only get upgrades to it when they come out :D

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #12,020 of 23,494
  Lots of luck with that :wink:

Maybe sign off of Head-Fi at that point?

Enjoy & ain't this Schiit fun,
r2

I'll still have tubes to buy! :D My hunt is not yet over until I get a chance to hear all the great scarce tubes that exist

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #12,021 of 23,494
Hey K,
Those Hamburg pcc88 are really smooth and nice in the dac. Nice match with the cayin iha6. Lively and airy.

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #12,022 of 23,494
Hey K,
Those Hamburg pcc88 are really smooth and nice in the dac. Nice match with the cayin iha6. Lively and airy.

Yeah they have lovely detail as well I have a ton of them 1957- 1962 with D and O getters but I can't find the time to test them, most of them test on the low side at 6.3V since they were PCC88 and need their 7V heating. I might buckle down and measure them up soon.

Feb 24, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #12,023 of 23,494
One my favorite bands is playing in Sofia this spring while I'm in Alsace. Hugo Race.

Feb 24, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #12,024 of 23,494
So it seems http://www.ebay.com/itm/311809119381?rmvSB=true&rmvSB=true the seller has cancelled the listing :D
Not sure why though it said there were still more than 10 available - another interesting thing to note is that from the looks of the PW in the picture it might just be a very early type because it was brought to my attention that it has gold rods (or so it looks like from the photo pixels they are more brown/yellowish than gray/whiteish) and the getter post seems from the early longer perfectly rectangular one.
I hope the action comes back up but perhaps someone made a bulk offer who knows :D

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #12,027 of 23,494
I've been rolling with the LISST tubes fro a few days now and they are starting to sound really good. I just replaced Mimby with something just a tad better:

I am using a Singxer F-1 to feed the Yggdrasil via SPDIF coax. I have read or have been told that the Yggdrasil, the Singxer F-1, and the SPDIF coax cable all need 100 hours or more to "burn in" and sound their best. Considering I am already floored by the SQ, if all that is true, I will be in musical heaven!

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #12,028 of 23,494
I've been rolling with the LISST tubes fro a few days now and they are starting to sound really good. I just replaced Mimby with something just a tad better:

I am using a Singxer F-1 to feed the Yggdrasil via SPDIF coax. I have read or have been told that the Yggdrasil, the Singxer F-1, and the SPDIF coax cable all need 100 hours or more to "burn in" and sound their best. Considering I am already floored by the SQ, if all that is true, I will be in musical heaven!

You are KILLING me !!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #12,029 of 23,494

You are KILLING me !!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to wait until I get 200 hours (about 9 days) on the Yggdrasil before I put my Siemens CCa tubes back in the Lyr 2. That should give all the devices and cables a chance to burn in and sound their best. Then I will do some critical listening. I am glad I bought the LISST tubes. They are perfect for burn in duty!

Feb 24, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #12,030 of 23,494
^^^Very nice bro!.

Finally bought a pair of the TubeMonger socket savers. I tried the popsicle stick I read very early in the thread. Is there anything you guys recommend other than that? Also bought a pair of the Herbie Tube Dampeners to try out as well.

3 Siemens grey shield E188CC $150 0 bids 20 hrs left.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Siemens-E188CC-/122364357555

Users who are viewing this thread

Back