Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 3, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #150,364 of 152,837

@Orange5o just had an excellent suggestion for his rack height, it always pays to communicate such things and all racks are still unique.🤪

Shipping no later than Monday. Finish can make the eyes shine like tiny jewels.
Speaking of which, now that i won't need, free to a good home, the Snake Oil interconnect for short stack from here https://snakeoilsound.com/products/...it-modi-magni-vali-stack-free-shipping-to-usa

If anyone is doing a modi-magni stack and wants a cleaner connection
20240503_150510.jpg

20240503_150520.jpg

May 3, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #150,365 of 152,837
IMG_7853.jpeg

In the meantime I may well turn these three pieces of wood into a mini rack. There is a burled section that should be the top shelf.
Does the top piece have a finish on it? The sheen is remarkable.

May 3, 2024 at 5:36 PM Post #150,366 of 152,837
Does the top piece have a finish on it? The sheen is remarkable.
I used mineral spirits so I could examine the grain. I made sure to use that section, this is it now. I will use it for the very top shelf.
IMG_7866.jpeg

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #150,368 of 152,837
My streamer is either an iPhone SE or an iPad 9 (the last one with lightning connector), Music streaming service is Apple Music, not excellent, but not sucks.... I made it simple to use, I do not want to turn on few device for streaming music, I only need to switch on the Schiit amp and the Modi Multibit 2 dac, call me lazy and stubborn ...
Efficient, effective

May 3, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #150,369 of 152,837
I used mineral spirits so I could examine the grain. I made sure to use that section, this is it now. I will use it for the very top shelf.
IMG_7866.jpeg
That’s the best runner-up to tiger maple I’ve ever seen! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :relaxed:

May 3, 2024 at 6:03 PM Post #150,371 of 152,837
I don't use Roon as I don't figure the management of my library of audio files is yet worth the expense of a Roon subscription - just not necessary for me at this point - but Roon should be able to handle virtually any files you hand to it, doesn't matter the source; ripped CDs or vinyl, or purchased online downloads.

For a small form factor, well constructed, high quality box streamer, look at the Cambridge MXN10 I mentioned a few comments above. It's a great little device with awesome sound quality. Qobuz integration in Cambridge's StreamMagic app is mostly very good. It's just a groovy little plug'n'play device, and quite affordable, too.
MXN10 works great - never burps, its about 40' away (two walls and a massive fridge also in the way) from the WIFI. I use TIDAL. By comparison the "Zen" never worked using wifi - even less than a foot away - a beta product if I've ever seen one.

May 3, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #150,372 of 152,837
You should try living on the edge of a swamp in south Mississippi.
The wildest thing we have are the co-eds, I live on the outskirts of a college town. 😜 I am on a private street with forests nearby but ten minutes from the heart of downtown.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back