Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 19, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #140,086 of 154,081
OK Texas BBQ people.. I'm in Austin for two nights. Best place to get BBQ? I'm staying near the airport, but willing to go into town....

(Just realized this is typed a bit snarky,.. just mean please point me to BBQ to die for)

https://bridgesbbq.com/

OK, so it's a 17 hour drive from Austin. Small price to pay for real BBQ. As a bonus, they have Sun-Drop on tap. 🤣

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #140,088 of 154,081
Franklin's, but thats hard to get in at.
Ironwork's downtown is AWESOME.

Stubbs is also great.

My hometown. Definitely get brisket and if anybody has Beef Ribs (some dont do it every day of the week)... YUM
And Bacon Burnt Ends...

Going to either Stubbs or Ironworks. I've been buying Stubbs BBQ sauce for years! At the grocery

Feb 19, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #140,090 of 154,081
No increase in price if you go with monoprice instead of Amazon brand.
I paid almost same price for a 3' cable

Monoprice 10' RCA
Pretty sure these are the same Monoprice Cables. I’ve had good luck with them. Looks like with shipping, they’re pretty much identical in price from either source…

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #140,092 of 154,081
Feb 19, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #140,093 of 154,081
They've been throwing out bits and pieces about a new rotary offering for about 7 years now. First it was the RX-Vision starting around 2017. They're a bigger tease than Jason. 🤣

I might even trade in the Pacer for one of these: :slight_smile:

Going to either Stubbs or Ironworks. I've been buying Stubbs BBQ sauce for years! At the grocery
Which Stubbs sauce is your favorite?

Feb 19, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #140,094 of 154,081
OK Texas BBQ people.. I'm in Austin for two nights. Best place to get BBQ? I'm staying near the airport, but willing to go into town....

(Just realized this is typed a bit snarky,.. just mean please point me to BBQ to die for)
Micklethwait Craft Meats
Leroy & Lewis
KG BBQ
Distant Relatives

MCM and Leroy are the most traditional, KG the most interesting (get Lamb) and Distant Relatives somewhere in the middle.

But check hours carefully. A lot of the best ones aren’t open early in the week, and many don’t do dinner.

If you’re up for a drive and have a car, Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ in Buda is great. Probably ~ 30mins from the airport.

In a pinch, Terry Black’s, just south of downtown will do and keeps more regular hours.

Feb 19, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #140,097 of 154,081
I just started a part time position while I learn the business (my choice) working with 2 people I have worked with before.

I'm still doing my day gig of teaching, but dealing with honest humans is enticing. I really want to build something fun and enriching.
Follow your heart - it's worth it. I get to help build something and feel relaxed at the end of the day. My wife has noticed a big difference in my mood and related stress level.

Feb 19, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #140,098 of 154,081
Pretty sure these are the same Monoprice Cables. I’ve had good luck with them. Looks like with shipping, they’re pretty much identical in price from either source…
I've had good luck with the monoprice cables as well. They were way better than my previous el cheapo, unshielded RCA cables (who knows where I inherited them from). Probably need to upgrade my single ended cables at some point

Feb 19, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #140,100 of 154,081

Users who are viewing this thread

Back