Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 20, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #128,897 of 153,563
I thought it was the Yggy OG…

I have a MMB2 but never compared it to Bifrost 2/64 or Yggy OG.

I know how many consider the Yggy OG the best there is. But in all cases I hear about a sound flavor. Someone even told me the LIM needs EQ compared to OG. EQ, as in boost the lows and highs.

So for those who have lived with MMB2 and know Bitfrost 2/64 and Yggy OG well… what are your thoughts? Yeah, I know, all subjective, but the more inputs are ingested by my neural net engine the better my AI learns. :)
I have shamefully lapsed in keeping up with this F1 paced thread...😳, but reading your post just now, I just wanted to add my 2c re. Schiit DACs, in particular the Yggy OG (A2) which I've owned for a few years. It is by far the best DAC I've ever used, and the A2 analogue upgrade made a significant improvement to what was already a superb DAC. I listen mainly to classical, including opera, exclusively on CD, and given a good recording the Yggy produces the most believable, natural musical experience that I have heard.
So if your budget can stretch to it, I'd highly recommend the Yggy OG A2. You won't be disappointed !

Oct 20, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #128,898 of 153,563
It would be easy enough to say it is a limited run we have x amount left your call.
Bill
That's not the point. You don't want "a" number.

You want a no bs precise one. If their internal system or their training don't give away those answer for free, it would cost money.

I feel like an honest answer was given.

Oct 20, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #128,899 of 153,563
So I mostly diy stuff however I really liked the Mjolnir 3, it was introduced as a limited run of 500 units. So I sent an inquiry to Schitt where they were in the run as I would like to purchase one in 30 days or if is close to the end of the run now and would have to put it on a credit card and purchase it now. The response had the ambivalence of a machine or the apathy of a human “I'm sorry but I am unable to determine if a certain product will be available within a certain timeframe”. I could understand if this were a regular production run however given the nature of a limited production run I felt a little put off. Now I am ambivalent and apathetic about purchasing the unit. I guess I was under the wrong assumption these people were different than the other audio manufacturers.
Bill

So the expectation is that the staff can see the future and account for all human decisions and therefore tell you a precise date and time when the last unit will be available?

Wouldn't it be a lot more advantageous to ask them for the winning lotto numbers?

Oct 20, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #128,900 of 153,563
I really liked the Mjolnir 3, it was introduced as a limited run of 500 units. So I sent an inquiry to Schitt where they were in the run as I would like to purchase one in 30 days or if is close to the end of the run now and would have to put it on a credit card and purchase it now.
The first run completely sold out a month ago. The second run is currently in production, and as the website says, estimated to begin shipping in November. You can pre-order a unit from the second run now, and it will ship when available but they can't provide an exact date.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #128,901 of 153,563
I have shamefully lapsed in keeping up with this F1 paced thread...😳, but reading your post just now, I just wanted to add my 2c re. Schiit DACs, in particular the Yggy OG (A2) which I've owned for a few years. It is by far the best DAC I've ever used, and the A2 analogue upgrade made a significant improvement to what was already a superb DAC. I listen mainly to classical, including opera, exclusively on CD, and given a good recording the Yggy produces the most believable, natural musical experience that I have heard.
So if your budget can stretch to it, I'd highly recommend the Yggy OG A2. You won't be disappointed !

I heard the Yggy LIM and have that as a reference in that class. I read that the OG is sought by some but it has a color of its own - fatter bass, mid-highs over detail, etc., a question of perceptions and taste. I read that the talked about MIB improves over the LIM while maintaining its neutrality. So, I am waiting.

However... I am open to be convinced. I heard from some I respect. I can hear from a few more, especially those would larger neutral sounding speakers (do not care for headphones). This would make up a pipeline of Urd > Yggy > Kara > Tyr > Maggies.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #128,902 of 153,563
Yiggy OG was the best upgrade to my system ever.

Oct 20, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #128,904 of 153,563
No need to run and hide. Chip Davis does some good stuff.

Now if BoneyM had a Christmas album...

Maybe you'll be happy to hear that BoneyM doesn't have a single Christmas album.

But I'll bet you'll be even *happier* to know that they have several!

Yeah, granted there are some remixes and repeats, but seriously, who doesn't want to spend all of Christmas Day listening to Boney M?

Oct 20, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #128,905 of 153,563
Taking a break from streaming smooth jazz, Wiim Pro>Modi Multibit 2>Valhalla 2>Clear, to hang out with a rowdy friend, Zoe, a really cool cat.
Ahh... that's not a cat.
In fact, I'm not sure what that is...
You haven't been getting reports of unexplained lights in the sky in your area, have you?

Oct 20, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #128,906 of 153,563
So I mostly diy stuff however I really liked the Mjolnir 3, it was introduced as a limited run of 500 units. So I sent an inquiry to Schitt where they were in the run as I would like to purchase one in 30 days or if is close to the end of the run now and would have to put it on a credit card and purchase it now. The response had the ambivalence of a machine or the apathy of a human “I'm sorry but I am unable to determine if a certain product will be available within a certain timeframe”. I could understand if this were a regular production run however given the nature of a limited production run I felt a little put off. Now I am ambivalent and apathetic about purchasing the unit. I guess I was under the wrong assumption these people were different than the other audio manufacturers.
Bill
These people are different from the other audio manufacturers. Just because they didn't give you the answer you wanted to hear doesn't change that.

Oct 20, 2023 at 8:19 PM Post #128,908 of 153,563
Bill
Hey Bill,
I also follow the "Aegis DIY Tube Headphone Amplifier" thread and noticed you recently built one of those. Sounds like an amazing amp, and I hope to get to build one myself at some point!!
Sorry that you didn't get the details you wanted from Schiit directly ... BUT they have a physical location (the Schiitr) in Newhall, CA which isn't too far from you (if your location is listed correctly)
Certainly an opportunity to BYO headphones and source material and get a first hand listen the Mjolnir 3.
Plenty of folks on this thread that have gone to the Schiitr, hung out, listened, conversed, and likely have come away with a better impression of what makes Schiit "different than the other audio manufacturers"
:beerchug:

Oct 20, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #128,909 of 153,563
Oct 20, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #128,910 of 153,563
Yeah, granted there are some remixes and repeats, but seriously, who doesn't want to spend all of Christmas Day listening to Boney M?
…. And after that, give the gift that @Ripper2860 keeps on giving ….
48261636-AB25-4986-A30B-63037B27A4F6.jpeg

Prey (😏) that you get one …. 🪚 😈 !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back