Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 19, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #126,676 of 154,808
Mitski...This new album (thanx Qobuz) has me transfixed... I have listened to it 5 times since Friday.

Interesting part is one track sounds like two things playing at once... still figuring it out with LCD2C SR325x RS2x

Interesting videos as well.

mitski-TheLandIsInhospitableAndSoAreWe.jpg

Sep 19, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #126,678 of 154,808
Mitski...

Interesting part is one track sounds like two things playing at once... still figuring it out with LCD2C SR325x RS2x

Interesting videos as well.

It's the track with the crazy driving drums kicking in, isn't it? It's caused me confusion, too.

Sep 19, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #126,679 of 154,808
Sep 19, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #126,680 of 154,808
A sad morning..

Roger Whittaker died at 87.. Truly a last farewell..

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-66843162
Can not sleep...Perhaps this is why? He remains one of my favorite singers.

It is an absolute crime that we age and while nothing softens the reality of time’s swift kick in the ‘nads of life, music can help you remember why we call it a “life” instead of just existing.

“More dearly than the spoken word can tell”. Indeed...

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #126,681 of 154,808
Bit of a HiFiman fan myself. Had a pair of Edition X back in... I think, 2017. Unfortunately, one cup failed.
But I liked their sound so much that I took a chance well over a year ago and got the somewhat cheaper pair of Sundaras.
So far, they have proved to be very reliable. I'm listening to them now, in fact. Can't comment on the AKG, having not heard them. I'm trying to convince myself I need a pair of Arya's and maybe a Mjolnir 3 in 230v when it turns up on the site. After that, my wallet should be safe for a few years, although my speakers are looking and sounding a bit...

I love my Sundaras with my main Schiit stack. It's a perfect match, so the Edition XS would be a safe bet. The AKG would be something entirely new, which interests me. I wish there was a way for me to audition them, but for the next 7-8 weeks I'm in a rural far-flung village and there are no audio shops that carry them in this province.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #126,684 of 154,808
Sep 19, 2023 at 7:26 AM Post #126,686 of 154,808
Bit of a HiFiman fan myself. Had a pair of Edition X back in... I think, 2017. Unfortunately, one cup failed.
But I liked their sound so much that I took a chance well over a year ago and got the somewhat cheaper pair of Sundaras.
So far, they have proved to be very reliable. I'm listening to them now, in fact. Can't comment on the AKG, having not heard them. I'm trying to convince myself I need a pair of Arya's and maybe a Mjolnir 3 in 230v when it turns up on the site. After that, my wallet should be safe for a few years, although my speakers are looking and sounding a bit...
Having been the Sundara, Ananda, Arya route, I can state that the Arya are worth it. 😉

Sep 19, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #126,688 of 154,808
For some reason I never thought of Urd as a DDC until this review.

@Jason Stoddard is Urd doing anything special to the incoming USB signal within Urd? Any reclocking or enhancing of any kind? I am curious to compare running from HTPC to my DAC directly versus via Urd.

Sep 19, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #126,689 of 154,808
I love my Sundaras with my main Schiit stack. It's a perfect match, so the Edition XS would be a safe bet. The AKG would be something entirely new, which interests me. I wish there was a way for me to audition them, but for the next 7-8 weeks I'm in a rural far-flung village and there are no audio shops that carry them in this province.
Having been the Sundara, Ananda, Arya route, I can state that the Arya are worth it. 😉
Agree with @Ripper2860 on this suggestion, especially if you're already loving the Sundara
Sundara --> Arya is a noticeable jump in all sonic aspects, the only question is if the "egg shaped" cups work with your jawline (they come down pretty far)

The price of a new v2/v3 Arya has gone down substantially with the release of the Organic, and if you don't mind the used market there are some really good opportunities out there to snap one up from those who jumped all the way up to the HE1000 series (v2/stealth/se) and have a v2/v3 Arya to sell

Sep 19, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #126,690 of 154,808
Further to that, I went from the Sundara straight to the Arya, but was able to test the Arya against the HE1000SE before I purchased. I found the HE1000SE too bright, the Arya v3 is remarkable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back