Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 31, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #23,011 of 153,934
They were in stock at the UK store, but sold out the same day I think. I got mine, as well as a few others here. If you don't want to wait, you could just get the UK plug and use an adapter. Or if you have a Wyrd, I believe they use the same wall wart.

Thanks for the quick reply, yes i know i can use an adapter but i already have to much of these bulky things sticking out of everywhere so i'm in the process of eliminating them and that, for now, is a non-option. I will wait until the end of August and decide what to do. Thanks again.

Jul 31, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #23,012 of 153,934
Still waiting for Eitr with EU plug, were these available and just went out of stock really quick or we have to just continue to wait for stock? Does anyone know?

I
Still waiting for Eitr with EU plug, were these available and just went out of stock really quick or we have to just continue to wait for stock? Does anyone know?

Just been on the UK site and EITR with EU plug seems available. Ordered mine last week ... they're probably flying off the shelves !

Jul 31, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #23,013 of 153,934
I

Just been on the UK site and EITR with EU plug seems available. Ordered mine last week ... they're probably flying off the shelves !

Earlier today it said that the EU plug was out of stock, so they must have added some during the past two hours or so.

Jul 31, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #23,014 of 153,934
I

Earlier today it said that the EU plug was out of stock, so they must have added some during the past two hours or so.

Thank you both, just ordered.

Now i have to ask Schiit if i can plastidip it to black without breaking the warranty, since the insides won't be touched.

Jul 31, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #23,015 of 153,934
Thanks for the polite reply. Probably worth the risk since I would need to send two Yggys back to you.
If you (or someone you hire) screw something up while installing this board, you can't expect Schiit to cover it. They're pretty clear about no user servicable parts inside. Schiit only charges $50 plus shipping to install their upgrades, that's really reasonable. Other audio companies charge hundreds more.

Thanks for the input...

I have two Yggys plus a Jot and a Mimby so I am a firm believer in the value of Schiit products. My experience with the company has always been good even if I am occasionally put off by their "reverse marketing" rhetoric. They make great well engineered stuff. Period.

Let's do some math. Based upon previous experience it will cost me shipping two ways from 20011 plus an installation charge plus probably $100 for the board. I am guessing that will total about $250 each for the upgrade. I already am getting remarkable sound from the Yggy by feeding it from a Rednet D16 ethernet to AES converter followed by a Mutec USB used as a reclocker to the AES input of the Yggy. Previously I had a well tricked out USB chain. I would be putting in the new board more for curiosity and resale value that expecting that it will surpass what I already have. Having said that I already consider the Yggy one of the best values in audio. Add to that my own 30 year experience building amps and modding and I am reasonably confident that I can install a board that plugs in without soldering. I am willing to accept the risk of losing my warranty but I would like to hear it spelled out clearly by someone who works for Schiit so that others will know what they might be getting in to or risking.

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #23,016 of 153,934
Thanks for the input...

I have two Yggys plus a Jot and a Mimby so I am a firm believer in the value of Schiit products. My experience with the company has always been good even if I am occasionally put off by their "reverse marketing" rhetoric. They make great well engineered stuff. Period.

Let's do some math. Based upon previous experience it will cost me shipping two ways from 20011 plus an installation charge plus probably $100 for the board. I am guessing that will total about $250 each for the upgrade. I already am getting remarkable sound from the Yggy by feeding it from a Rednet D16 ethernet to AES converter followed by a Mutec USB used as a reclocker to the AES input of the Yggy. Previously I had a well tricked out USB chain. I would be putting in the new board more for curiosity and resale value that expecting that it will surpass what I already have. Having said that I already consider the Yggy one of the best values in audio. Add to that my own 30 year experience building amps and modding and I am reasonably confident that I can install a board that plugs in without soldering. I am willing to accept the risk of losing my warranty but I would like to hear it spelled out clearly by someone who works for Schiit so that others will know what they might be getting in to or risking.

Upgrades are really best if this is done by someone who's familiar with our stuff, or who is a technician who's going to take responsibility if something goes wrong. Because, if something goes wrong--if the upgrade doesn't work for some reason, or some part of the product goes dead, etc, literally the only thing we can do is say, "Send it back to us, we'll take a look and fix it." This means you'll be paying shipping anyway, plus installation charges, plus any necessary repairs. We've had some pretty incredible stuff come in for repair, including a Mjolnir where the MOSFETs were removed by drilling the screws out of the chassis and the potentiometer (a 4-gang Alps RK27) was sheared in half when the guy ripped the board out. This required replacement of metal and many components to make right.

Also, very importantly: legally, all of our gear reads "NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE." The moment we start invalidating that by saying, "Sure, go ahead and do it yourself," we've opened ourselves up for all sorts of amazing dates with legal-type people. Some of which might end up taking the company down, after someone decides to do the upgrade...while the product was plugged in...while sitting in the bathtub. So please excuse me if I err on the side of caution.

With respect to warranty, as a totally separate question, if we receive a product back for warranty service that is unmodified, not abused, within the warranty period, and is owned by the original purchaser, it's not like we're not going to cover it. You know, standard warranty stuff. Again, we get some incredible stuff back for warranty repair, like the Ragnarok that just came in that was full of Dr. Pepper. We ended up doing that under warranty, because after a thorough cleaning, it worked fine. However, that could have easily ended up being a very, very expensive repair (complete board replacement). No mention of the spill, just "it stopped working."

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 31, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #23,018 of 153,934
Upgrades are really best if this is done by someone who's familiar with our stuff, or who is a technician who's going to take responsibility if something goes wrong. Because, if something goes wrong--if the upgrade doesn't work for some reason, or some part of the product goes dead, etc, literally the only thing we can do is say, "Send it back to us, we'll take a look and fix it." This means you'll be paying shipping anyway, plus installation charges, plus any necessary repairs. We've had some pretty incredible stuff come in for repair, including a Mjolnir where the MOSFETs were removed by drilling the screws out of the chassis and the potentiometer (a 4-gang Alps RK27) was sheared in half when the guy ripped the board out. This required replacement of metal and many components to make right.

Also, very importantly: legally, all of our gear reads "NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE." The moment we start invalidating that by saying, "Sure, go ahead and do it yourself," we've opened ourselves up for all sorts of amazing dates with legal-type people. Some of which might end up taking the company down, after someone decides to do the upgrade...while the product was plugged in...while sitting in the bathtub. So please excuse me if I err on the side of caution.

With respect to warranty, as a totally separate question, if we receive a product back for warranty service that is unmodified, not abused, within the warranty period, and is owned by the original purchaser, it's not like we're not going to cover it. You know, standard warranty stuff. Again, we get some incredible stuff back for warranty repair, like the Ragnarok that just came in that was full of Dr. Pepper. We ended up doing that under warranty, because after a thorough cleaning, it worked fine. However, that could have easily ended up being a very, very expensive repair (complete board replacement). No mention of the spill, just "it stopped working."

Ya...I guess you'll always have to deal with really weird stuff. We all get that.

Hopefully no one here will drop acid and work on your products in the same 24 hour period.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #23,019 of 153,934
... like the Ragnarok that just came in that was full of Dr. Pepper. We ended up doing that under warranty, because after a thorough cleaning, it worked fine. However, that could have easily ended up being a very, very expensive repair (complete board replacement). No mention of the spill, just "it stopped working."

Like, you're not going to find out !! ... Incredible ! When the time is right, mine is going to Mark at Schiit-UK for the upgrade.

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #23,020 of 153,934
Like, you're not going to find out !! ... Incredible ! When the time is right, mine is going to Mark at Schiit-UK for the upgrade.

There's a good reason Apple has moisture telltales in their phones and tablets. "Hey Apple, I dropped my $700 phone in the toilet, let me buy a new one," is probably a lot less common than. "Hey, it just stopped working, give me a free replacement."

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 31, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #23,022 of 153,934
At the top of my email this a.m., a blast from Schiit announcing this new thing called "Vidar."

Well, I guess not everyone keeps up with this thread.

Yes, it's here too. I clicked on the link for Chapter 9: Skipping a Generation but the link doesn't work. :frowning2:

JC

Jul 31, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #23,023 of 153,934
Schiit is on a roll. I recently inherited my Dad's Old Vinyl so this is impeccable timing, I am Adding a Jil to the List of future purchases. With My luck as soon as I finish ripping the last one the MB version of Jil will be released. On a Side note reading the Faq. I did not know that Nelson Pass and Mike Worked on the GAIN system together. I am curious about the story behind that.

Edit- Thanks 45LongColt

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #23,025 of 153,934
I got myself a super duper golden ears highest end Ground Box.
Filled with exotic crystals and dark earth.
Pinned it on the Ragnarok Pre-Out L.
Unbelievable....
Depth of field, staging, reversed focal effect, being with the music!!!!

Just as it already did without that box of snake oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back