Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 13, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #21,842 of 153,933
Jul 13, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #21,843 of 153,933
The Draw to schitt gear is the insane value for dollar. When you start getting into 4x the price or more there is a lot of gear that may or may not be as good. To each his own, if you have the money and like it go for it. No Judgment here.

Jul 14, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #21,847 of 153,933
Eitr? first run of the basic Manhattan project? Mike mentioned a Prototype Bifrost MB board he was testing, there was some talk of a Tube Phono Stage a while back. Then there is all the other things they don't tell us about. Might need to unplug for the weekend to stay sane.

Jul 14, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #21,848 of 153,933
From what's been posted here, Eitr is not MP, it is something different that we really don't know anything about yet.

Jul 14, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #21,853 of 153,933
Eitr sounds like it's some kind of "audio hub"/signal conditioner, like a Wyrd on steroids.

Source: My magical hat

EDIT: If I have to guess, I'd say besides Vidar, Eitr will be the other new product announced.

Source: My magical socks
If anything it sounds like ether...which is a ton of wobblefun on one hand(but I don`t think wobbly knees and slurred speech is what they are going for) and would hint at something networked on the other hand.
It could be a 3000$ Eitrnetcable with zirkonia connectors!
Or something like a microrendu.
Ethernet in and usb/spdif out.
But that would be a streamer of sorts and they claim they don`t do streamers.
So...you guessed it...I have no clue and your socks are probably a better source.

Jul 14, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #21,854 of 153,933
Before all this I was looking at the MM1.7 but just reading about them I got the impression that they would not feed the Rocknroll beast as it were.

When I was shopping, I thought the best Rocknroll speakers I heard were Legacy Audios. Well integrated bass and LOUD when you want them to be and subtle when you wanted that. If you can, you should look into them.

I went another direction (Vienna Acoustics) because their bookshelves were a bit more musical compared to the Legacy Audio Studios monitors, which were more analytical as suited to a studio monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back