Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 24, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #11,326 of 152,759
  My apologies to Jason and the Group if offence was given.

That was never my intention.

This is my first attempt at blogging and I am, perhaps, a bit over exited.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If anything I think your post made a lot us to laugh
biggrin.gif

On topic...

I like the idea of a led in the volume knob instead of the dent.

Jun 25, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #11,327 of 152,759
In all honesty we are a strange group. I started to learn its ways after about 800 posts and 3-4 years :D

I see you joined this month. Welcome to head-fi...

Jun 25, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #11,328 of 152,759

Excited can be good.

Welcome to Head-fi...

Jun 25, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #11,329 of 152,759
Hey Jason. Rereading Schiit Happened and you've mentioned about some of the products that don't get produced for various reasons. But is there one failed product design that you or Mike just won't let go even when you know you should?

Oh, no, not the [REDACTED]  ....... ! Please, tell me it isn't so.......   
eek.gif

Jun 25, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #11,330 of 152,759
Hey Jason. Rereading Schiit Happened and you've mentioned about some of the products that don't get produced for various reasons. But is there one failed product design that you or Mike just won't let go even when you know you should?

Oh, no, not the [REDACTED]  ....... ! Please, tell me it isn't so.......   
eek.gif

No not the Redacted. At least not that I know of. At the moment I'm up to the Fulla Schiit chapter and there was mention of a failed design called the Valkyrie. Wondered if there was a design that was Jason's design that got away.

Jun 25, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #11,331 of 152,759
  There is also the 5 or 7 LEDs in a line that can give you a estimate of volume level but its only helpful the next morning if you forget to turn the volume down after 17 too many glasses of scotch and you glance over and Say Ohh Schiit that would be bad.

I like how the Cos Engineering D1 looks with its row of LED for indicators.  If Schiit were to do something like that at a reasonable price I may suffer a moment of temporary insanity...

Jun 25, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #11,333 of 152,759
  I like how the Cos Engineering D1 looks with its row of LED for indicators.  If Schiit were to do something like that at a reasonable price I may suffer a moment of temporary insanity...

Those cool LED level indicators are just one of the many "features" that drives the price of the D1 to ~$9,000.  That's not compatible with Schiit's performance/dollar philosophy.

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #11,334 of 152,759
No not the Redacted. At least not that I know of. At the moment I'm up to the Fulla Schiit chapter and there was mention of a failed design called the Valkyrie. Wondered if there was a design that was Jason's design that got away.

....   musta got her wings clipped....   
blink.gif

Jun 25, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #11,335 of 152,759

Those cool LED level indicators are just one of the many "features" that drives the price of the D1 to ~$9,000.  That's not compatible with Schiit's performance/dollar philosophy.

You're bringing me down, man!

How about they just poke a bunch of holes in the case, put a bright LED inside and have a shutter mechanism to cover the holes?  2 parts and like 50cents of labor.

Jun 26, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #11,336 of 152,759
How about they just poke a bunch of holes in the case, put a bright LED inside and have a shutter mechanism to cover the holes?  2 parts and like 50cents of labor.

Here's my #1 manufacturing mantra: "Moving parts are bad."

Plus, something would have to control the shutter, and then watch your parts count skyrocket...

Jun 26, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #11,337 of 152,759
I Really like the present Scandinavian design/Minimalist look that Schiit has right now. Most electronics is becoming too blinged out. I wouldn't mind red LEDs however. That way, when I listen at night, I can pretend that I am flying at night with red IFR illumination to preserve my night vision.

....but then I remember that I get violently airsick and puke my guts out in sympathy for my airborne self.

How was that post?

Jun 26, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #11,339 of 152,759
Here's my #1 manufacturing mantra: "Moving parts are bad."

Plus, something would have to control the shutter, and then watch your parts count skyrocket...

Personally, I was just thinking "flange" when I wrote "shutter" but I see your point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back