Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 6, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #10,607 of 151,060

If the boys do head to Newport, have them bring a nice set of stand mount monitors, and a pair of good subs. A clean and simple system that will melt people's synapses.

Any suggestions?

As noted above the KEF LS50's would be a good choice. Have copies of the recent Stereophile review handy that gushed about the combo of those speakers and the Ragnarok. I have read many good things about JL Audio's "E" series subwoofers, they can run off the SE preamp outputs of the Ragnarok. Iggy has been assessed to sound as good as DAC's that are more expensive than that whole set-up.

May 6, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #10,609 of 151,060

Any suggestions?

Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2 and Rythmik F12 subwoofer(s). Then they have a fully internet direct system that really represents the best value that you can possibly get, and it'll sound incredible.

May 7, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #10,615 of 151,060

Any suggestions?

I've heard the Salk people are incredibly accommodating for this sort of thing and my email conversations with Jim support that.

May 7, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #10,616 of 151,060

I've heard the Salk people are incredibly accommodating for this sort of thing and my email conversations with Jim support that.

SalkSound are some of the most beautifully hand crafted and beautiful sounding speakers anywhere. And proudly made in America to order. Priced very fair considering all that plus the attention to detail and attention to each customer. I have three pair.

May 8, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #10,617 of 151,060
I just had a look at the Ragnarok manual and something left me baffled, dumbfounded and perplexed.

The Ragnarok cycles between modes  (spk+hp, spk, hp) with a dumb 2 second hold of a button.

Let's say you want to cycle between headphones and speakers. You need to hold the button two times for 2 seconds. What? Who listens to both speakers and headphones at the same time?

If you have a fancy microprocessor in there, use it to cycle between speakers and headphones with a 2 second hold and activate both by holding 5 for America. Mkay?

May 8, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #10,618 of 151,060
Personally, I'm not a modder but this is very interesting discussion.  
I agree with modding things like drums, and I had my piano tuned (by a pro - he was cool), but for messing around inside the Schiit boxes you gotta have more moxie than me.  

May 8, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #10,619 of 151,060
  I just had a look at the Ragnarok manual and something left me baffled, dumbfounded and perplexed.

The Ragnarok cycles between modes  (spk+hp, spk, hp) with a dumb 2 second hold of a button.

Let's say you want to cycle between headphones and speakers. You need to hold the button two times for 2 seconds. What? Who listens to both speakers and headphones at the same time?

If you have a fancy microprocessor in there, use it to cycle between speakers and headphones with a 2 second hold and activate both by holding 5 for America. Mkay?

All you do is continue to hold the button and the outputs cycle thru all 3 modes.
The 2 second delay is only to start the cycling process.

And I use both speakers and headphones at the same time just about every day.

JJ

May 8, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #10,620 of 151,060
johnjen, do you often find yourself in the situation of having your speakers and your headphones in different rooms? :)

anyway, how fast does it cycle after the two seconds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back