Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 1, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #74,492 of 153,748
thanks for the quick reply, my samsung ones are all 2.0A, is that going to be a problem? A more powerful one shouldn't be too expensive.
You would have to ask Schiit for confirmation but I would personally avoid using a charger rated for less current than the one that comes with the Hel 2 by default. A single slot 2.4A charger can be had for less than £10 anyway.

I would try emailing them though, they are normally pretty responsive info@schiit.com

Apr 1, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #74,493 of 153,748
Heads at audiosciencereview may be exploding right now.

Apr 1, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #74,494 of 153,748
I really want an ArgleBargle. If such a product were to materialize I'd purchase it because of the name even if it was nothing more than TX BBQ.
I'd settle, but really NEED that SchiitSturm5000 with bigger stones for the crystal damper thingies. Or a Schiiterocitor.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1608259707362.jpg
    FB_IMG_1608259707362.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 0
Apr 1, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #74,495 of 153,748
I use a Little Bear MC for this. Passive preamps rule unless you have a lot of distance between it and the amp.
The Sys is the most handy little piece of audio equipment I own...and probably the least expensive.

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #74,498 of 153,748
I think you need to read Jason’s chapter again and perhaps listen to this interview:

Open. Your. Mind. 🤪

The post was on point. Read Amir's reviews. Little attention is given to listening tests. One, he said the amp sounded bassy, but nothing in the measurements pointed to that, and he didn't try to explain it. He adds a few sentences saying he plays them full blast and hears the amplifier distort at xyz db.

I have no idea why he believes that information is useful to anybody.

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #74,499 of 153,748
Hot damn this thread is long, great read though, very amusing.
I tried reading back a while and searching, but I don't think this has been asked before:

I ordered a Hel 2 last week, and I am wondering why it hasn't been shipped yet.... /s :)

No, the real question is: I live in europe, so the wall wart is not going to work. Can I just use a phone charger? I have several with 2.0A (so not the 2.1 schiit delivers). Now I am no believer in the snakeoil extra expensive lineair stuff, but I am also unsure if those cheap chargers could be bad with noise etc (I simply don't have the knowledge there honestly). I could also use a travel adapter, but I am unsure if the 230/110V is going to be a problem. I am also fine with buying a seperate adapter, but unsure which one. I don't think schiit has EU wall-usb adapters (at least I couldn't find them).

Looking forward to try my first schiit. Comming from a mixamp / fiio E18 this must be a pretty hefty upgrade :D

Thanks!
Contact info@schiit.com and ask. Many wall wart power supplies will operate off universal voltage and all you might need is a plug adapter to use with 240V. Ask Schiit directly.

Apr 1, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #74,500 of 153,748
Hating on / mocking one or the other side of the objectivist-subjectivist spectrum is something I find to be very detrimental. It serves no purpose other than feeling a sense of superiority. Do what you enjoy and let people enjoy what they want to do. There is no need to bash people for having a different view from your own.

There may be opinions you find to be stupid or nonsense. That's fine, because humans can be quite stupid at an astonishing frequency. That does not mean however, that there is any great merit in putting the opinion of others down. You can disagree with opinions without being snarky about it. Chances are that you yourself (like any other human being) are being stupid at a much higher frequency and magnitude than you are aware of. Faulting a human for being human is far from anything I deem reasonable (ironic considering my post, I know).

People having different opinions is not a bad thing. Differences in opinions are a big part of how we learn and grow.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #74,501 of 153,748
Hot damn this thread is long, great read though, very amusing.
I tried reading back a while and searching, but I don't think this has been asked before:

I ordered a Hel 2 last week, and I am wondering why it hasn't been shipped yet.... /s :)

No, the real question is: I live in europe, so the wall wart is not going to work. Can I just use a phone charger? I have several with 2.0A (so not the 2.1 schiit delivers). Now I am no believer in the snakeoil extra expensive lineair stuff, but I am also unsure if those cheap chargers could be bad with noise etc (I simply don't have the knowledge there honestly). I could also use a travel adapter, but I am unsure if the 230/110V is going to be a problem. I am also fine with buying a seperate adapter, but unsure which one. I don't think schiit has EU wall-usb adapters (at least I couldn't find them).

Looking forward to try my first schiit. Comming from a mixamp / fiio E18 this must be a pretty hefty upgrade :D

Thanks!
Q:
Hi!

Looking for a portable dac/amp. Will Schiit Hel work great with a big power bank?

A:
Yes as long as it puts out 5V 2A then it shouldn't be a problem at all!
Best,
Daniel

(Hel 1)

ipad 10w power supply should work okey

Apr 1, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #74,503 of 153,748
Got my Schiit all boxed up and ready to go. Tomorrow we move to our new house. Elma is pretty confused with all the boxes everywhere.

A9E1B47A-897E-48BC-B768-02D88F9F79F1.jpeg

Congrats on your move, I hope it all goes smoothly and that your new home is a delight.

Apr 1, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #74,505 of 153,748
Hating on / mocking one or the other side of the objectivist-subjectivist spectrum is something I find to be very detrimental. It serves no purpose other than feeling a sense of superiority. Do what you enjoy and let people enjoy what they want to do. There is no need to bash people for having a different view from your own.

There may be opinions you find to be stupid or nonsense. That's fine, because humans can be quite stupid at an astonishing frequency. That does not mean however, that there is any great merit in putting the opinion of others down. You can disagree with opinions without being snarky about it. Chances are that you yourself (like any other human being) are being stupid at a much higher frequency and magnitude than you are aware of. Faulting a human for being human is far from anything I deem reasonable (ironic considering my post, I know).

People having different opinions is not a bad thing. Differences in opinions are a big part of how we learn and grow.
If there were no differing opinions what the heck would we talk about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back