Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 15, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #151,876 of 153,437
May 15, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #151,877 of 153,437
It's just telling you that you're reheating leftover pizza the wrong way. Skillet, medium-low heat, with a little olive oil. Topping side down first, then crust side.
😳

In a skillet??? You're also getting the order of your toppings confused; they're on top. It's right there in the name: toppings. Because that's where they belong at all times: on top! You must be from Chicago, only they are disrespectful enough regarding all things pizza to do what you are describing. 🤣

Three to five minutes at 450ºF in a toaster oven or normal oven, that's the only legal way to reheat a pizza. That is if you even need to reheat your pizza at all, as cold leftover pizza is one of life's great pleasures.

Contrary to what some philosophers have you believe, there are objective moral truths. Reheating a pizza in a skillet, especially if "topping side down" is a step in that process, is as morally objectionable as it gets. Microwaving your slice is bad enough as it is, but one wouldn't expect anything else from Cowen, so I'll turn a blind eye. But frying your pizza? Topping side down? There are no laws against such a thing (yet) simply because nobody has dared to even attempt such an atrocity and lived to tell the tale.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #151,878 of 153,437
Contrary to what some philosophers have you believe, there are objective moral truths. Reheating a pizza in a skillet, especially if "topping side down" is a step in that process, is as morally objectionable as it gets. Microwaving your slice is bad enough as it is, but one wouldn't expect anything else from Cowen, so I'll turn a blind eye. But frying your pizza? Topping side down? There are no laws against such a thing (yet) simply because nobody has dared to even attempt such an atrocity and lived to tell the tale.
He's back! Finally! :laughing:

And no worries, I'll be drinking a cup of Keurig-made coffee while I eat it. Two wrongs make a right, right? 🤣

May 15, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #151,879 of 153,437
😳

In a skillet??? You're also getting the order of your toppings confused; they're on top. It's right there in the name: toppings. Because that's where they belong at all times: on top! You must be from Chicago, only they are disrespectful enough regarding all things pizza to do what you are describing.

Don't knock it until you try it. It's not as fast as a microwave, but it's a hell of a lot faster than reheating in a toaster oven, which I do if I take the time. I'm not a guy who gives a rip about what anyone thinks about the "respect" I'm giving food. I want it to taste good and maintain texture, and it's not going to if it's reheated in a microwave. It does if you do it as I described.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #151,882 of 153,437
Sorry but after college years rewired the brain, reheated pizza in the microwave just feels right. There's something scientific going on for a hangover...
Pizza on a college budget? Luxury! 🤣

May 15, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #151,883 of 153,437
Wow, I don't know if I could get rid of my XMC-1 like that! Maybe once there is an Ultimate Syn (with XLR) for us that run 3 mono Vidar on their LCR...
The XMC-1 was great, don't get me wrong on that! I just wanted a different direction, and squeezing down the space taken up with everything was a driver.
I have balanced out to the main amps through the Lokius.

I will be in the queue if ever an Ultimate Syn is released. Freya sized ideally, and designed work in SYNc :relaxed:

May 15, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #151,885 of 153,437
May 15, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #151,886 of 153,437
Pizza on a college budget? Luxury! 🤣
Monty Python, we had it tough back then.jpg
To my younger peers (link to the sketch)...

May 15, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #151,887 of 153,437
May 15, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #151,888 of 153,437
Thanks for the help ! I found an old sheet listing 32hz , sensitivity 103 . Not sure what sub should be paired with these, but open to trying one.
I think you could easily try it sans sub if they really hit low. Save the $$s and get some whisky to improve the SQ instead :wink:

May 15, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #151,889 of 153,437
I owned a 76 Bonneville for a while. Nice ride.

Thanks. I still miss it. I took a BMW R18 for a test ride today, and it had everything including cruise control and heated grips. But it buzzed instead of vibrated, lurched side to side instead of back and forth, and left me with a sore back and cramped hips. Plus, it didn't handle, not nimble at all. Gobs of torque and broad power band, with six speeds, but it did not get me interested.

IMG_7972.jpeg

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 6:25 PM Post #151,890 of 153,437
😳

In a skillet??? You're also getting the order of your toppings confused; they're on top. It's right there in the name: toppings. Because that's where they belong at all times: on top! You must be from Chicago, only they are disrespectful enough regarding all things pizza to do what you are describing. 🤣

Three to five minutes at 450ºF in a toaster oven or normal oven, that's the only legal way to reheat a pizza. That is if you even need to reheat your pizza at all, as cold leftover pizza is one of life's great pleasures.

No worries, Bruh! You're in Texas now and real pizza does not grow west of the Hudson River. :smile_cat:

In all sincerity I am glad you made the journey safe to your new home, and I hope Mojito did well on the trip. :smiley_cat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back