Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 12, 2024 at 7:58 AM Post #151,486 of 152,753
Glad you like it, I was afraid you would look down on me like Cowen serving boxed wine in red plastic cups.šŸ¤Ŗ
I would down on anyone that looked down on Beaaucastelā€¦. IFKYK

May 12, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #151,487 of 152,753
Be very interested in your thoughts on the Hana. I've been eyeballing one myself, just not sure if I should go that route or send the Koetsu off to be rebuilt.
Sure thing. I had a Koetsu Rosewood Sig for about a year: on my Oracle/SME and then into my Vandersteen IIcā€™s. Loved its sound, great on friends Maggies too. But, not synergistic with the Apogees. So first got an AQ7000 (scantech made, IIRC), followed by a Lyra (first one, inheritor of scantech)ā€¦. The Lyra fell victim to one of my kidsā€¦ then w/ less discretionary income last 10 years itā€™s been the Denonā€¦ Hana are thought by reviewers i trust to share the Lyra ā€œhouseā€ sound, so Iā€™m winging it.

May 12, 2024 at 8:20 AM Post #151,488 of 152,753
May 12, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #151,490 of 152,753
I would down on anyone that looked down on Beaaucastelā€¦. IFKYK
No aurora but all went well and folks seemed to like the wine and food. One of these days I want to build or have built a long metal trench that I can fill with coals so people can fashion and cook their own kabobs. I like to free up my time and let others enjoy the cooking experience.šŸ˜

As far as music, I tried to allow for the crowd, young renters and grad students along with a more seasoned group. Jazz including Art Pepper, John Mayer, John Mellencamp, Tom Waits, Moody Blues, Lumineers, The Head and the Heart etc. I tend to stay away from classical music at such functions. No rap.

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #151,491 of 152,753
Don't you mean monoral? šŸ˜
Excellent choice! I pretty busy and tried to comment when I was away from the group or demoing my main sound system for some of the younger crowd. I am always searching for new people to take part in audio comparisons and I love to get their reactions. I now have four new volunteers.šŸ˜‰

May 12, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #151,492 of 152,753
Speaking of tubes...
051224tubead.png

Another example of how the future ain't exactly what it was gonna be...
I'd really like to see that fascinating 32-page booklet, though.

May 12, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #151,493 of 152,753
May 12, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #151,495 of 152,753
Hey pal, keep your eyes on the road!
Will do - the second Iā€™m on the road again. But right now, Iā€™m still enjoying my dry-as-heck scrambled eggs and slightly charred toast with some of that sugar paste in tiny plastic cups that they carried past a single strawberry once, thank you very much. šŸ˜

May 12, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #151,497 of 152,753
Will do - the second Iā€™m on the road again. But right now, Iā€™m still enjoying my dry-as-heck scrambled eggs and slightly charred toast with some of that sugar paste in tiny plastic cups that they carried past a single strawberry once, thank you very much. šŸ˜
I just fixed scrambled eggs for my wife using Gordon Ramsayā€™s method. Lots of butter and stirring them on and off of the heat. They are amazing. Freshly roasted and ground coffee, some toast cooked in a Tovala oven, fresh strawberries and blueberries. Traveling can be rough.

May 12, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #151,498 of 152,753
I didn't even know Cracker Barrel was still around. šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£

May 12, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #151,499 of 152,753
Nice. custom exhaust, tail light,seat, handlebars,mirror , shocks.... I'm probably missing some other changes.

I had a 750 that got sold to finance my convertible. might have pictures yet.
That pic is not actually of mine. It's the closest thing I could find on the web. I'd have to dig through a box of old pics to find one of the actual one I owned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back