Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 20, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #152,522 of 152,530
According to a recent article I read that compiled Yelp reviews, the best BBQ in Ameca is in Arkansas, and the second best is here in the Phoenix area... I think maybe Yelp reviews are not that reliable.

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #152,523 of 152,530
Well, there's yer problem! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I'm in KC right now. At Q39, not bad wings, now pork belly..
20240520_170906.jpg

May 20, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #152,524 of 152,530
Both -- but for secretly owned GE tubes .... 🤫
GE tube storage is in the garage, unless I need the space for something else and then they get moved outside. 🤣

Big Pile of Tubes 2.jpg

May 20, 2024 at 7:28 PM Post #152,525 of 152,530
Excellent, and it perfectly will fit my approach. I have (from back before life intervened with funding from startup pulled, two family deaths, selling house and moving cross-country; ultimately back again 4 years later). A reasonably high-end full size PC tower, with 4TB of disk (in RAID), and all sorts of other stuff just begging to be a SERVER. Just ran out of TIME/LIFE.

But now, 5 years on, with both boys graduated and fully launched (Oldest just finished his check rides at SWA and goes on the line in PHX next week, youngest just finished first full year at Toyota RD, he’s now the lead engineer on the Tundra Pro’s uber-wild seats), and back landed in a house, I finally have more TIME for these sorts of playing-about.

Hardest thing about those challenging years (two boys in Uni with no income, etc.) was I had to sell about 500 LPs and 100 bottles of my wine collection, to fund the return move and house purchase. And it’s THOSE LP’s that I’m gonna get on hi-rez… (think things like the entire 4AD catalog, and go from there… I was offered stupid money at a time I needed it. I’m thankful. But, I miss a lot of that music more than I thought I would.
4AD.... I had the full collections of Cocteau Twins, This Mortal Coil, DCD;

Cherry Red, Factory, Stiff, Rough Trade, Creation - other great indie labels

May 20, 2024 at 7:55 PM Post #152,526 of 152,530
A wee bit more Jazz/Fusion for ya'll tonight. Alain Caron may not be known to many, but being a native son of Canada our good friends from UP NORTH (of the US) may know of him. Picked up the bass at 11 years old and has been cranking out some serious tunes ever since. Get ready for a great listen!!

Tonight's Jazz recommendation is...

JazzReco-4.jpg

May 20, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #152,527 of 152,530
According to a recent article I read that compiled Yelp reviews, the best BBQ in Ameca is in Arkansas, and the second best is here in the Phoenix area... I think maybe Yelp reviews are not that reliable.
I'm partial to KC BBQ myself, but Arkansas BBQ can be very, very good, indeed.

And then there's a little place in Northern Georgia we discovered two or three months ago in Blairsville, called Jim's Smokin' Que. Simply amazing.

jimsque.jpg

(Not my pic)

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 8:45 PM Post #152,528 of 152,530
Speaking of jazz drumming, take a listen to what Brian Blade is doing on this song. He does only have two arms, last time I checked. :)

Thanks for posting this. I'm listening to the 3-disc set and enjoying reading some more Tolkien after a wonderful afternoon's storm chase. I'm a huge fan of Blades and McBride, and I'm just dipping my toes into Corea's music.

May 20, 2024 at 9:26 PM Post #152,529 of 152,530
I downloaded the GoldBelly app. It has Cowgirl Creamery as well as BBQ from NC and Texas Brisket. Chicago deep dish pizza etc.
We have had a voucher every year from my brother in law for the last 3 years. I can recommend Chef Simon's pierogi's. Especially the beef cheek.

May 20, 2024 at 9:44 PM Post #152,530 of 152,530
We have had a voucher every year from my brother in law for the last 3 years. I can recommend Chef Simon's pierogi's. Especially the beef cheek.
Interesting I may have to check those out. I am at a point in my life when I can concentrate more on food, drink, music, and helping friends. 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back