Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here.
Oct 16, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #633 of 2,799
  Just wanna give kudos to Schiit for their incredible customer service.  I placed my multibit upgrade order last Friday, was 49/49 in the queue. Got notice to ship on Monday, sent it Tuesday, they received it Wednesday, shipped it yesterday and I received it back this morning. That's one terrific company!

Wow, that's great!  7 days for the complete cycle is crazy good.  I ordered 5 days before you, was 39/39 in the queue, and didn't get my notice to ship until yesterday, and I sent it right away.  Looks like the process will take 2.5 to 3 weeks for me.  Not complaining, but curious why they have such variation.

Oct 16, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #636 of 2,799

Wow, that's great!  7 days for the complete cycle is crazy good.  I ordered 5 days before you, was 39/39 in the queue, and didn't get my notice to ship until yesterday, and I sent it right away.  Looks like the process will take 2.5 to 3 weeks for me.  Not complaining, but curious why they have such variation.

That is odd.. it was a week ago I put in my initial order. Part of why I got it so quickly is because they are less than 30 miles away from me. I could very well have driven there and also picked it up (assuming they made that an option) but I hate dealing with traffic!  Can't wait to try it out this weekend!

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #637 of 2,799
Is anyone having trouble with changing songs with different sample rates? Whether just using itunes or bitperfect, if I switch to a 24 96 song after a 16 41 the music is crazy distorted. Only way to fix is to flick through the manual input selector or power of and on the Bifrost. Im using latest mac os and the Wyrd as well. Strange...

Happens with optical and usb

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #638 of 2,799
Is anyone having trouble with changing songs with different sample rates? Whether just using itunes or bitperfect, if I switch to a 24 96 song after a 16 41 the music is crazy distorted. Only way to fix is to flick through the manual input selector or power of and on the Bifrost. Im using latest mac os and the Wyrd as well. Strange...

I would ask them about it. It clicks for me when sample rates change, but causes no ill effects apart from a momentary dropout in sound when it changes over.

I'm using ASIO in foobar2000/JRiver.

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #639 of 2,799

I haven't experienced any distortion, just the beginning of songs being cut off when the DAC adjusts.  It's a bit of a PITA, but I just click play in foobar to start the song from the true beginning.  If the song has half a second or so of silence before the music starts, it's not noticeable.  I'm on Windows 7 64-bit with the latest USB driver from Schiit's site, and a Wyrd as well.

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #641 of 2,799
I haven't experienced any distortion, just the beginning of songs being cut off when the DAC adjusts.  It's a bit of a PITA, but I just click play in foobar to start the song from the true beginning.  If the song has half a second or so of silence before the music starts, it's not noticeable.  I'm on Windows 7 64-bit with the latest USB driver from Schiit's site, and a Wyrd as well.

Do you know why this happens? I noticed this on my DAC-19 as well and I'm wondering if it's something about R2R designs.

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #642 of 2,799

Happens with optical and usb

Where I come from we call that a blocker software/firmware bug. It must be fixed.

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #643 of 2,799

Is this an issue exclusive to the Bifrost Multibit? Or would the Bifrost AK4490 have it as well?

Oct 16, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #644 of 2,799
Do you know why this happens? I noticed this on my DAC-19 as well and I'm wondering if it's something about R2R designs.

Sorry, not an engineer, but it definitely did not happen with the UberFrost.  So yeah, may well be an R2R thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back