Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here.
Oct 2, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #16 of 2,799
Yggdrasil - AD5791
Gungnir MB - AD5781BRUZ
Bifrost MB - AD5547CRUZ

Wondering how the SQ of this chip compares?

Oct 2, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #17 of 2,799
popcorn.gif

Oct 2, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #20 of 2,799
You can do either or.

Oct 2, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #24 of 2,799
Wooo Hoo!....based on the recent releases and a little predictive analytical mathematics....{pretend pushes a bunch of calculator keys}.....i can say, without fear of being incorrect,  that we are mere months away from a new Schiit upgrade kit that will bring the complete set of Yggy specifications to the new and improved  "Fulla 21-Multi bit"!  bwhwahahahaha.

Seriously thou....HUGE kudo's to Jason, Mike, and their Schiit-kicken Gang.   Reading every single review after the Schiit Show,  I know there was a LOT of folks who were hoping for this kind of product/upgrade.    Great to see the team respond in kind. 

Its also refreshing to see a tech company that is passionate to not only drive new products into their pipeline but also provide upgradeable options for the dedicated fans and owners of their equipment.   That is what i consider above-and-beyond attention to customer satisfaction and is virtually non-existent with most new tech (still holding my breath for a @#$@ing iphone that has an sd slot for memory..HA).

Peace .n. "Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue."   - Plato

3ToF.

Oct 2, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #25 of 2,799
  Bifrost uses the all-new AKM AK4490 Veritas D/A converter, a highly acclaimed delta-sigma converter that is found in DACs costing many multiples of Bifrost’s price. Bifrost “4490” now includes the USB Gen 2 input standard and is available to ship now for $399. 

Excellent news from Schiit Audio!!

I believe the AK4490 Veritas is the same D/A converter used in the AK380 that is a $3,500 DAP.  At $399, including the USB Gen 2, the new Bifrost delta-sigma seems to be an exceptional value.
As for the MB technology, well it rocks.  I just upgraded my Gungnir to a Gumby and the SQ is great.

Enjoy Your Music, even more than before!
RCBinTN

Oct 2, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #26 of 2,799
I've been waiting for this announcement for a while, so I'm sure the wife will understand me ordering multibit upgrade within 2 minutes of seeing this post. Currently 3rd in the queue! Thanks a ton Jason!

Oct 2, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #27 of 2,799

Excellent news from Schiit Audio!!

I believe the AK4490 Veritas is the same D/A converter used in the AK380 that is a $3,500 DAP.  At $399, including the USB Gen 2, the new Bifrost delta-sigma seems to be an exceptional value.
As for the MB technology, well it rocks.  I just upgraded my Gungnir to a Gumby and the SQ is great.

Enjoy Your Music, even more than before!
RCBinTN

Looks like you are correct on the AK380.  

DACAKM AK4490 x2 (Dual DAC)

Oct 2, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #29 of 2,799
Not too familiar with how both will compartively determine the sound.  
Could someone give me a lay person’s break down of what its going to sound like and the main differences between the Multibit vs 4490?
What will I gain with Multibit (for regular lossless format) vs Delta Sima? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back