Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Mar 23, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #826 of 4,971
Mar 23, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #828 of 4,971
As far as I know, Schiit never acknowledged anything. Assuming that's right, they wouldn't release any statement saying that the alleged problem has been fixed.

They have has addressed the issue a few times when it has popped up (and it seems to pop up now and then when people find past mentions of it threads and other forums). I found this post on a quick search of the forums:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lyr...ession-discussion-thread.875185/post-15235094

Mar 23, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #829 of 4,971
I have really enjoyed the LYR3 pairing with the Bifrost2.

As have I :L3000:

To me, the Asgard 3 is priced in a very weird category. Most people that want just the bang for the buck audiophile deal would go for Atom, Heresy, Magni 3+, Liquid Spark, Archel 2.5 Pro, or whatever they can get in the 100-170 bucks category.

Originally it was meant to be priced at $249, but they introduced it at $199 and said they would keep it there as long as possible. And it’s still there :)

Mar 23, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #830 of 4,971
As have I :L3000:

Originally it was meant to be priced at $249, but they introduced it at $199 and said they would keep it there as long as possible. And it’s still there :)

Still a small jump from the Heresy and Magni 3+. Considering all I’ve said, I think scratching off the Jot and making a much better Asgard 3 would be a better proposition, especially when you have the Bifrost using the same body size.

Mar 24, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #831 of 4,971
If the US ever gets around to sending out those checks I know what I'm doing to help stimulate the economy!

Mar 24, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #834 of 4,971
Either way I'll be getting one. Modi multibit serving me well. I'm employed in a machine shop we are considered critical manufacturing/defense base industry ... So I got a official letter saying I'm an essential worker. Can't see how I'll get a check or deserve one I guess. So contradictory... Everything says stay home ! They issued a stay at home advisory in the state and closed everything but I still have to go to work ! I guess there's worse things and at least I still have a job.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #835 of 4,971
They issued a stay at home advisory in the state and closed everything but I still have to go to work ! I guess there's worse things and at least I still have a job.

I bet traffic is far better. :wink:

Mar 27, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #837 of 4,971
My Bifrost 2 arrived yesterday, it's the first multibit DAC I've had since my Monarchy 22A back in the '90s. It's very impressive. Schiit obviously put a lot of thought and work into Unison USB, have they made any statements regarding what you should have your Sound/Speaker Properties set to (bitrate/frequency) in Windows 10? I've got almost 2TB of music (ripped lossless 16 bit FLAC) and about 50/60 albums purchased from HDTracks, most of which is supposed to be 24/96. Lately, I've been listening primarily to Tidal (HiFi). I'm not sure if that setting in Windows even matters when you use JRiver MC or Tidal and have them set for Exclusive Mode but I'd love to know if they've had anything to say about it.

Mar 27, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #838 of 4,971
If you're running an application in Exclusive Mode, Windows sound settings don't have any impact as Windows Mixer is bypassed altogether (which is the point of Exclusive Mode.)

When going through the Windows Mixer, it is ideal to set it to the same bit depth and sampling frequency as the material you're listening to (and possibly disable system sounds.)

Mar 27, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #839 of 4,971
If the US ever gets around to sending out those checks I know what I'm doing to help stimulate the economy!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/news...for-more-economic-pain/ar-BB11NlNe?li=BBnb7Kz

giphy1.gif

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #840 of 4,971
My Bifrost arrived yesterday! Out of the box (before any significant burn in), I can immediately affirm Currawong's video - the Bifrost is a huge, obvious difference from the multibit card in the Asgard. In the coming weeks I'll be comparing the Bifrost and Mojo in more detail when I get the chance.

A question: is there any easy way to trim down the volume a bit? The Bifrost is outputting a pretty hot RCA signal, and on the Asgard on low gain, I can use less than 10% of the volume knob with sensitive IEMs. Can I configure the Bifrost to reduce its output voltage a hint?

It's a pretty stack!
IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back