Sansa clip+ with sunrise xcape??
Mar 23, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #2 of 15
This must be one of the weirdest comment I even read about Xcape
biggrin.gif

No, Clip+ and Xcape are in appropriate relationship. They are both adult and know exactly what they are doing!
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #3 of 15
^ Ha ha!  Well said, ClieOS!

When I had the Xcape, it worked wonderfully well with my Fuze, and I'm sure there are several people here on head-fi with a Clip + Xcape combo.

Mar 23, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #8 of 15

Quote:
FUZE's sound quality is not the same clip +. the seller told me xcape and iPodTouch forbest sound quality

I have both Fuze and Clip+, though they sound slightly different from each others, it is only a very small difference, like less than 5%. They sounds almost identical in brief listening.

Quote:
xcape be assessed quite well, I doubt the quality of my xcape

I don't think it is the problem of the quality, just that you are not used to a fairly analytical sound.

Mar 23, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #10 of 15

Quote:
I have both Fuze and Clip+, though they sound slightly different from each others, it is only a very small difference, like less than 5%. They sounds almost identical in brief listening.

Which one sounded 5% better?  The Fuze or the Clip+?  For some reason they now cost the same price in UK.

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #11 of 15

Quote:
Which one sounded 5% better?  The Fuze or the Clip+?  For some reason they now cost the same price in UK.

They sounds less than 5% in difference of each other, not 5% better / worst than each other - so features will determine which one you will want. Personally I like Fuze better because I use its line-out and Clip+ is a bit too small for my hand.

Mar 23, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #12 of 15
They sounds less than 5% in difference of each other, not 5% better / worst than each other - so features will determine which one you will want. Personally I like Fuze better because I use its line-out and Clip+ is a bit too small for my hand.

are you use fuze+? Its so beauty. Fuze and fuze+, what better sq? I think a 'll sell my xcape to buy ksc35 or pl50. Comment of you?

Mar 23, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #13 of 15

Quote:
are you use fuze+? Its so beauty. Fuze and fuze+, what better sq? I think a 'll sell my xcape to buy ksc35 or pl50. Comment of you?

I am using a Fuze, not Fuze+. Judging from the reviews and impressions posted in the forum so far, I think the universal conclusion seems to be the the Fuze+ isn't nearly as good sounding as the Fuze, so I won't bother to try it myself. I haven't heard the KSC35, but I doubt you will find PL50 an upgrade over Xcape. However, it might work out well for you if you are looking for a smoother sound since you find Xcape being too bright.

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #14 of 15

Quote:
I am using a Fuze, not Fuze+. Judging from the reviews and impressions posted in the forum so far, I think the universal conclusion seems to be the the Fuze+ isn't nearly as good sounding as the Fuze, so I won't bother to try it myself. I haven't heard the KSC35, but I doubt you will find PL50 an upgrade over Xcape. However, it might work out well for you if you are looking for a smoother sound since you find Xcape being too bright.

ksc35 is a clip-on by Koss, not inear. it received many compliments from my friends. I doubt the sound quality of pl50 in the cost of $ 50. I'm not sure it would make me happie rxcape.

Mar 26, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #15 of 15
For the last few weeks I've been using the Xcape with a Clip+. Sunrise recommend a burn-in of 150 hours for the phones before they reach the best and I'm probably only halfway there, so take anything I say with a pinch of salt. So these are my thoughts:

Separately, I think that both are very good bits of kit. I have some slight reservations once they're put together. I find the treble is slightly harsh on some recordings and, even thought it has tightened up with burn-in, the bass is just a bit too heavy for my liking and distracts me from other aspects of the music. But these are only slight problems and one of the advantages of putting rockbox on my Clip+ is that I get a good equaliser. I didn't find that this led to any noticeable distortion (maybe my ears aren't quite as finely tuned as some of the other head-fiers!) so, in my opinion, it was totally worthwhile. If you don't have a problem with equalising then I'd recommend the combination.

I hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back