Sansa Clip or Sansa C250 with Rockbox?
Jul 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjmai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the sound quality compare between Sansa Clip (Sandisk firmware) and Sansa C250 (or any C200 series) with Rockbox?
Thanks

I have a V1 C240 and V1 and V2 Clips. The C240 (w/ or w/o rockbox) isn't quite as good as a Clip but it's not a vast difference, the C240 is more than adaquate for casual listening while out and about. Th Clip adds a measure of detail and refinement you'll appreciate in more focused listening.

And Rockbox on the C240 is pretty cool. It'a amazing to be able to play videos on that little dinky screen.

Jul 14, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #17 of 18
Instead of a Clip, I just got a Fuze (v1, firmware 01.02.26), which should be comparable to Clip.
I am testing with Creative EP-630 (Senn CX300) and Shure e2c, listening to Black Eyed Peas' boom boom pow (320k).
Fuze's sound does sound subtly better than my Sansa C250 (rockboxed), both on default EQ. The percussions sounds a little crisper on Fuze. Bass is pretty good as well.
However, I hear a low hiss in Fuze when I plug in the headphones while music is paused.
Btw, the sound quality of Nokia 5800 is comparable to Fuze's. But I love Fuze's play-by-folder feature and snazzy GUI.

Jul 14, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Earwax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a V1 C240 and V1 and V2 Clips. The C240 (w/ or w/o rockbox) isn't quite as good as a Clip but it's not a vast difference, the C240 is more than adaquate for casual listening while out and about. Th Clip adds a measure of detail and refinement you'll appreciate in more focused listening.

And Rockbox on the C240 is pretty cool. It'a amazing to be able to play videos on that little dinky screen.

btw, not something that you'll be able to do with rockbox on a c250v2.

For some reason the original c200 has 32 megs of ram. Seems excessive. The clip and the c200v2 have 2 megs of ram. fuze and e200v2 have 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back