Sanding/Buffing down a CIEM - Is this a DIY No-No or doable?
Jan 2, 2013 at 12:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

doublea71

Headphoneus Supremus
My customs are a bit uncomfortable and I feel like I have too much material in my ears, so I'm wondering if anybody has ever tried to change the shape of a set of customs to improve the fit. It seems risky, so maybe a hearing aid dealer would be a better place to start since they, afaik, often tweak the shape of customers' hearing aids to improve comfort or daily use. Any ideas?

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 9
Id go to an audiologist they have a cloth on a machine that can buff down your CIEMs, the audiologist you went to to get the impressions done might just do it for free.

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #3 of 9
Are you sure it's a fitment issue? or maybe your ears just haven't gotten used to it?

Jan 8, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #5 of 9
I've had them for several months and they feel like they are too big. There isn't any pain, but they are not comfortable - they do seem to go a bit too deep, too. The seal I get is bordering on being too good. I don't know for sure if it's just that customs are simply not for me or if my impressions were overdone somehow. They never "disappear" into my ears as many report. 

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #7 of 9
It's just not worth the hassle at this point. I'm going to stick to universals and just sell them. 

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #8 of 9
If you have already planned to sell them, then try buffing them, as the new owner has no use of the shells anyhow
normal_smile .gif

http://ue-support.logitech.com/support/fit-tool/main.html

Try above tool to identify the area.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
If you have already planned to sell them, then try buffing them, as the new owner has no use of the shells anyhow
normal_smile .gif

http://ue-support.logitech.com/support/fit-tool/main.html

Try above tool to identify the area.

Thanks for the link - very useful and very cool of you to lend a hand. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back