samsung yp-u2
Dec 19, 2006 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bonethugz

500+ Head-Fier
i just got this little player yesterday. all i can say is wow. sorry wow!!! very good player. great sound quality. this beat my 1st gen ipod nano easy. almost as good as my 4th gen ipod with a pa2v2. one thing though, i'm using 500kbps ogg files instead of 256 aac.

Dec 19, 2006 at 7:25 PM Post #2 of 7
I got the initial version (512MB) as a "supplementary" player (another way of describing yet another Head-Fi-induced expenditure) when it first came out. Not perfect, but nothing is, really ... pretty impressive for a "stick" player. "Big" sound, but I haven't done much EQ'ing. It's my player for spur-of-the-moment listening at the office when I can or when stuck in a line or a waiting room somewhere (usually Creative canal phones for this set-up) ... but the potential is good enough that it (at one of the higher capacities) could be more of a full-time player.

Dec 19, 2006 at 9:18 PM Post #3 of 7
I'm looking for a very small ampless player at 2gbs and this one is pretty small and cheap. Any hissing/interference with IEMs? On-the-go playlisting? Battery life with OGGs? Visibility of the screen in bright sunlight?

Thanks

Dec 20, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for a very small ampless player at 2gbs and this one is pretty small and cheap. Any hissing/interference with IEMs? On-the-go playlisting? Battery life with OGGs? Visibility of the screen in bright sunlight?

Thanks

which iem you got? i tested with my only quality iem, er6i and i don't remember any hiss. let me try a couple more days and i'll get back with you/this thread.
one more thing, i tried with my dt990 pro 250. i didn't need to turn the volumn(either 13 or 15) to get listenable volumn. of course i didn't quite sound good enough or it wasn't even close to my home rig(nad 521 and h5) but it ain't bad. so this little player has enough power to power a high impedance headphone. maybe i should try my k601 next time anyway this is really an awesome mp3 player.

Dec 21, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #5 of 7
The yp-u2 is a AWESOME player. You can flash it to a euro firmware and make it UMS. Since its soo awesome to carry around, would be even better if it were UMS =)

Sounds fantastic for a player of its size...has a 9 band custom EQ. NINE BANDS!!

Dec 21, 2006 at 2:24 PM Post #6 of 7
Does the player show the frequency of the bands (or approximate frequency at least, a lot of manufacturers just make it up)? How is the on-the-go playlisting? Can you at least enqueue songs? How would you describe the sound? Warm/harsh? Maximum volume would deafen? or only startle?

Answers to any of these questions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dec 22, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #7 of 7
I have a euro 2GB one. Sounds ok, I think my 1st Gen Shuffle sounded better though. Before it died that is. One problem my yp-u2 has is that when you switch it to use tagsit doesn't sort in order of track number. So I generally leave it in filetree mode. I couldn't find a firmware to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back