SAmsung galaxy note 2
Jan 23, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #451 of 471
Sorry for posting in a thread that probably contains my answer a 100 times over. I'm new to all this and thread this size is hard to get to grips with. Even using the search function.

How do I get the best from my fiio e7 amp, note 2 and my monster miles davis headphones?

Thanks

Jan 23, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #452 of 471
Maybe I should have been more specific. Is there a micro usb to 3.5mm connector I can buy to make use of the amp? atm I'm using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm connector to make use of my amp. Also what's this about rooting the phone to make use the voodoo sound app?

Jan 23, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #453 of 471
  Maybe I should have been more specific. Is there a micro usb to 3.5mm connector I can buy to make use of the amp? atm I'm using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm connector to make use of my amp. Also what's this about rooting the phone to make use the voodoo sound app?

There is no straight USB-3.5mm cable, there cannot be as a DAC would have to be in that chain as only digital audio is output via the USB port.

Best plan is to use a USB OTG cable and use the DAC and amp in the E7. Best cable would be one like the mini USB to micro USB OTG adapter, Toxic cables sell them.

Jan 23, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #455 of 471
OK thanks mate. The trouble is, in order to connect the e7 to my phone I need a 3.5mm jack. As that's what it takes. So I'll need a cable that one side has a male micro usb (phone) and the other side a male 3.5mm jack(fiio e7).

Am I confusing things? Seriously new to all this stuff.

EDIT
I've also downloaded a trail vervsion of 'USB Audio Player'. I take it I'll need that or another of it's kind?

Jan 23, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #456 of 471
The E7 has a Mini USB input, connect to that with the cable I mentioned. No need for 3.5mm connection at all from phone to E7.

May 6, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #462 of 471
At the moment I'm keeping my "old" 3G Note2 and I have an unlimited 4G subscription, just to say, I don't want to regret and miss the acceptable output that I have today with Viper4Android and the Wolfson Note2, I'm looking for a Fiio X5 to complement it ...

But if you need a new phone, only the Asian Galaxy S5 will have a dedicated Wolfson DAC, the latest HTC or Sony can be also an alternative.

May 6, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #464 of 471
  At the moment I'm keeping my "old" 3G Note2 and I have an unlimited 4G subscription, just to say, I don't want to regret and miss the acceptable output that I have today with Viper4Android and the Wolfson Note2, I'm looking for a Fiio X5 to complement it ...

But if you need a new phone, only the Asian Galaxy S5 will have a dedicated Wolfson DAC, the latest HTC or Sony can be also an alternative.

No Wolfson for Note3? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back