Safe to apply magnetic strips to outside of O2 amp case?
Apr 19, 2018 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Stealth3si

Head-Fier
I want to put adhesive magnetic strips on the outside of the case of an O2 amp for the purposes of magnetically mounting it to a magnetic wall mount?

frea.jpg

Would there be any damage to the circuit board or adverse effects to power functionality or sonical affects from the magnetism?

Apr 19, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #2 of 4
Now that is an interesting question and a very cool idea. I can only guess but I am thinking that everything would be fine. The power transformer will have iron and will create its own field potentially when in operation so watch out for that. Also watch out if you have any relays in there- they could be switched by the magnets. If the case is steel it may somewhat shield the contents, but if its aluminum no. If its a diy 02 I'd measure all the voltages after the install to confirm its good to go.

To hold a component like this up you are going to need some seriously powerful magnets. I just put 3 magnetic tool holders in the garage along with a separate install of some powerful Neo.disk magnets to hold tools and its pretty amazing, but they say powerful magnets hurt your fingers if you hold them too long so be careful!

Assuming everything worked fine another question is what would all that magnetism do to the sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back