Sabaj DA2 buzzing on Samsung S7 Edge...
Nov 20, 2019 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Fancellu

New Head-Fier
It works lovely on the desktop with windows 10

However when I put it on my Samsung S7 Edge, all I hear is a big buzz

I don't even have to try playing music, simply connecting to my phone with a micro-usb to micro-usb cable and headphones to the da2. I tried an OTG cable and usb-a to micro-usb, same buzz

I would have thought it was my phone if it wasn't for the fact that I connected my Fiio k3 with a micro-usb to usb-c and Hiby music player, even though I bought it for the desktop, and it was brilliant

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks

Nov 20, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 3
ahhh, given that the sbaj da2 is oddly similar to the smsl idea...

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/smsl-idea-portable-dac-amp.851110/#post-13585650

Just received one of these today, and am having problems connecting to my android devices. My LG V20 and Nvidia shield tablet. When connected and trying to play something, i get annoying static noise. Tried un plugging and re plugging several times, seems to hit and miss, can get it to work preperly sometimes without the static noise when i plug it in while music is playing.. Also same thing happens with USB Audio Player pro, static noise. Though through trial and error, if i choose ro upsample to highest rate possible in UAPP, seems to be working fine.

Following the thread, when I play youtube, audio comes out of the da2 just fine (led is blue). The buzzing only happens when I try to access the dac directly via hiby music player (which works just fine with the Fiio k3)

Its a long thread. Did anyone involved in this come to any conclusion?

Is there a free/demo version of UAPP so I can see if it fixes my buzzing issue?

Thanks

Nov 20, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #3 of 3
Aha, there is a demo of UAPP

https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/uapp-trial

And it does fix the problem!

Buzzing is gone, I get blue or purple led

However what is interesting is that when I take a known DSD and play it as native DSD I get horrible loud hissing, for both the da2 and my fiio k3

But hiby player plays the same DSD in pure DSD mode (green light for k3). I get the same green light with UAPP, but also the massive hissing.

Oh well!

Anyone know why? Do I have to do something else with UAPP?

Anyway, hope this helps others who have the same issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back