S4 complement, mid-high IEM's available in Europe
Jun 7, 2010 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

zacha

New Head-Fier
Short version:

What to buy for good mid-high range?
Availability in Sweden/Europe is a large plus.
So far I've been looking at ER-6i (too "old"?), HF5 (good?) and RE0 (Not available in Sweden -> No warranty?).
What is the verdict about choosing between this ones? Looking at price and availability in Europe (and comfort).

Long version:

My SE210 broke down the other day after a year of "abuse" (at least they look like they've been abused). My first idea was to buy a new pair but as the price had risen from USD 100 to 135 since I bought my last pair and I didn't like them as much as my old E2c I changed my mind and choosed to take a look around.

First I found the Klipsch S4, at the same place where I have bought my e2c:s and SE210:s, on sale for USD 70, which is a VERY good price for being Sweden (where everything is more expensive, because of taxes and imports I guess).
Now I know they are pretty strong at the bass and I'm OK with that when listening to music while running/walking/sitting on the bus (I usually listen rock/alternative rock/some metal when outside), they are also supposed to be very comfortable, so I went along and bought them for starters.

But as I actually like more "analytical" sound, i.e. sound with distinct and beautiful mid-lows I'm also considering to find something to complement the S4:s. Something that I can use when studying and/or relaxing, during which I mostly listen to calmer music with a lot of piano (I just love piano music).

So I've kinda found three IEM's which seem good, although the first two are at the very the top of my price range:
ER-6i (~USD 125) - Old but good?
HF5 (~USD 125) - New and better? Sleepable?
RE0 (~USD ?) - Not available in Sweden, but worth the import? (compared to buying local etymotics).

EDIT: I know this comparison is the subject of a few threads here already. But in my case the availability is a major aspect. I don't know how much it would cost to get a pair of RE0 here and they would then probably be without warranty...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back